Banned

Help me buy a reel with bait click

Well just dropped off a 13 fishing concept A3 at the UPS store to be returned. Either 13 fishing mislead me and the Gen 2 does not have a bait click feature, OR Tackle warehouse sent me an older reel or maybe both.
    Been Open to any of the major players, Been to the MFG websights and many of them are vague, use stock generic pictures and stock generic descriptions.

Looking for a heavy duty for Rodman big shiner fishing, James river Cats, and some saltwater. Reel must have the bait click feature like Penn reels or ABU 6500, but would like a more modern shape reel. Also dont want as big as the ABU 6500. I think Shimano does it on 400 size reels, not sure about the 300 size.
    Reel must have the bait click feature. Where you put the reel in free spool, flip a switch, and now the spool has enough tension on it to hold the line but if a fish bites it unspools and makes a loud clicking noise. You real the handle to lock spool, and then usually turn off the clicker when you reel in so you dont have to listen to it.
    Sorry if I am being to specific. But have emailed a couple reel makers and got some really vague answers.

So any specific models and stores I can order them from ?

2. Member
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

3. Member
    Sportsman outfitters has it for 119.00
    https://www.sportsmansoutfitters.com...t-fishing-reel
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

4. Member
    Daiwa morethan pe SV or Steez A

5. Member
    I have the Okuma Komodo SS that I use for heavy-duty fishing like throwing musky lures. It is an outstanding reel for both fresh and salt water fishing.

You can find it on Tackle Warehouse - https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Okum...cpage-KZC.html

6. Banned
    looking at the lews, MFG websight and manual makes no mention of the bait click switch, nor do I see one in the picture. Although the pictures arnt 360. Same issue I ran into with 13 fishing, unclear if it has it or not. And wasting time, but hopefully not money ordering and returning due to inaccurate description. Anyone have the Lews model mentioned and can take a picture of the switch. Nopt sure if it is what I am talking about or just a drag that makes noise when it slips.

Looked at the Dawia steez A no mention of bait click feature and nothing in the pictures, but again, bad pictures bad description on websights

Edit ,,, ok got on the TW websight wasnt working for awhile,,, yep the Lews and especially that okuma looks like what I am looking for. Thanks guys
    Last edited by Dropdeadfred; 09-09-2020 at 10:59 PM.

7. Member
    Steez A has a clicking drag, like a spinning reel. It is NOT a bait clicker. I've used the Okuma Komodo SS and it's good, but my favorite is the Daiwa Lexa 300CC.

8. Member
    On the Lews GX3 you will see the clicker at the 7 minute mark in this video.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

9. Member
    Here is the video from Lews
    https://www.lews.com/casting/superdutygx3
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

10. Member
    Keep in mind that the Lews has a graphite frame, so depending on the size of your quarry, you could be in store for a heartbreak. Definitely wouldn't use it for big fish like flathead, or hard running fish like stripers.

11. Member
    Garcia used to make 5500 C4 round reels with bait clicker, I have a few.
    Not as bulky as a 6000. But still hold a lot lot big game mono.
    To bad not much choice in heavy duty 300 or 400 size palming reels with clickers.

12. Banned
    Ordered the Lews from Amazon as it will be here tomorrow and Id like to have it next weekend, horse camping on Kerr, do will do some bait drowning at night. The Okuma I want is out of stock at TW, will wait till it comes in and get one of those as well.