Bluewater front and rear deck light install question

I've got a 2020 zx225 and have ran into installation issues. The places I want to install the deck lights wont work due to the short height of the rear deck sides. Plus, there is no room to mount deck lights parallel with compartment hinge. If I mount the light parallel with hinge, the compartment wont open completely. I'm convinced there is no place to mount lights. Anyone with a 2020 zx225 or zx250 ran into this issue?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasSkeeter View Post
    I've got a 2020 zx225 and have ran into installation issues. The places I want to install the deck lights wont work due to the short height of the rear deck sides. Plus, there is no room to mount deck lights parallel with compartment hinge. If I mount the light parallel with hinge, the compartment wont open completely. I'm convinced there is no place to mount lights. Anyone with a 2020 zx225 or zx250 ran into this issue?
    Are these the strip lights?
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    Yes Strip lights

4. Member
    On my ZX190 I mounted the rear strip lights in the corners rather than contending with the hinge. Mine were 12" strips. I tucked the wires under that panel to keep from drilling holes.

2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmb View Post
    On my ZX190 I mounted the rear strip lights in the corners rather than contending with the hinge. Mine were 12" strips. I tucked the wires under that panel to keep from drilling holes.

I thought about mounting the lights in the corners, but my power pole pumps are under those corner panels and was worried about being able to access the pumps later down the road. Thanks for the suggestion though

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasSkeeter View Post
    I thought about mounting the lights in the corners, but my power pole pumps are under those corner panels and was worried about being able to access the pumps later down the road. Thanks for the suggestion though
    Its really not a problem. I got under those panels all the time. Open the center compartment, take the 4 screws out and you can slide them out and up without hitting the lights.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    I installed mine in the corners as well and ran the wires into the holes in the side compartments to tap into the compartment lights. I was able to install all lights with out drilling any holes. The front i installed them using the rod straps.
    Wes

2020 Skeeter ZX225
    netbait.com
    denalirods.com