ZXR 20 and ZXR 21 ???

Looking to get into a new boat this next spring, been putting it off seems like every year. Alway thought my next boat would be a bass cat, but really like the ZRX21 (still need to see in person). My question is where is the extra foot of length at on the ZRX21 vs the 20. Is in in the front deck, that would be the logical area since the rest looks the same

2. Member
    Yes, pretty much in the front deck. Great boat. pm sent.

3. Member
    I really like the look and layout of the Zxr 20 but the color choices kinda suck unless you like white gel coat.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

One thing is certain, the FXR/ZXR is not the Skeeter of the past. Way different hulls than prior models.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTN View Post
    I really like the look and layout of the Zxr 20 but the color choices kinda suck unless you like white gel coat.
    I have color option #1 and it has minimal white on it. It ended up being way sharper in person thanI expected Also happy it does not have the blacked out wheels.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 09-20-2020 at 04:17 PM.

6. Member
    Is option 6 grey gel coat?
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP

7. Member
    I am not liking the color schemes on the ZXR either. Like so see some in person first, I am starting to think the FXZ may be better choice for me. Like the FXR layout a bit better and colors. Also some of the things I would upgrade the ZXR, the FXR already has

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowtech32 View Post
    I am not liking the color schemes on the ZXR either. Like so see some in person first, I am starting to think the FXZ may be better choice for me. Like the FXR layout a bit better and colors. Also some of the things I would upgrade the ZXR, the FXR already has
    What is the FXZ?
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTN View Post
    What is the FXZ?
    Lol, new 2021 model... just screwed up typing. Not as sharp as I used to be

10. Member
    Haha thought maybe I missed a model. The way they do their model numbers they do run together. The FXR is nice but there is a significant price jump between the FXR and the ZXR that eliminates the FXR for me.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP

11. Member
    Hey DaveTTN... i bought a ZXR20 in option 6 in early August and the answer is yes. The accent is black with green flake to match the green accent stripe. I was a holdout on that color until I saw it. I love the boat. I came from the 19TRX, wasn't happy with it, and am very glad I made the change. Happy to answer any questions, send pics, or whatever but coming from basically the same boat I can give you comparisons that should be very relevant. 615-519-8745

12. Member
    Anyone have a report on how the zxr handles rough (4-5ft) water compared to the zx225/250? Thanks!

13. Member
    A buddy sells skeeters and he said the new fxr(which he said fxr and zxr is basically the same hull) have a 35% less felt impact than the old hulls
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

14. Member
    have only been in ZX model boats under fair conditions so I can't compare. I can say my ZXR20 rides comparably well to my partner's 920Pro-xp under our lakes' summertime ski and wake board boat traffic.

15. Member
    I own a ZXR 21 and the ride is great. I use it on the great lakes often and it handles the waves very well.

I will put this cautionary note out to all who have a ZXR coming. My boat has been cracking in non critical areas and I am happy to hear Skeeter will take care of it. I have 3 cracks after 60 days of ownership. But there is more. I just found out that the reason my Image 360 was not working on the bow was due to the wire gauge used at install. Its too thin and the current draw is too great. If you plan on multiple graphs and a forward looking sonar unit, the factory wiring is not sufficient.

Still though I do enjoy this boat

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHM64 View Post
    Hey DaveTTN... i bought a ZXR20 in option 6 in early August and the answer is yes. The accent is black with green flake to match the green accent stripe. I was a holdout on that color until I saw it. I love the boat. I came from the 19TRX, wasn't happy with it, and am very glad I made the change. Happy to answer any questions, send pics, or whatever but coming from basically the same boat I can give you comparisons that should be very relevant. 615-519-8745
    just saw your post. A 19trx is on my next boat list. I would be curious to hear your comparisons.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP

17. Member
    The 2016 19trx was my second Triton... the first being a 1999 tr19 that fully lived up to and beyond expectations. The trx had two issues that I eventually couldn't deal with: A starboard lean when under power at any speed/trim and the way the boat rode through waves... a terrible rough slapping that I had not experienced in all my previous boats (18 foot Stratos, 19 foot Stratos and the tr19). I didn't demo the trx 19 being certain that the new trx vs the tr series would be a significant upgrade in ride, performance, etc... What a mistake. Other than those two problems the boat was great... layout, fishability, speed (71 by myself, 67 with partner and loaded). I loved the size of the front deck compared to other 19 foot boats. I'm 57 and was hoping the trx would be my last boat so I was incredibly disappointed.

From the moment I was on the throttle breaking in the Proxs225 the boat had a significant lean to the starboard side. Sitting in the boat, not under power, there was no lean. I'm 180lbs... so not a heavy guy. Called the dealer and explained the situation. Their fix was to move all 4 batteries, and the 4-bank charger, as far to the port side as possible thinking it was a weight distribution problem. Well... it improved the lean but not much. They then thought propeller... nope. We then thought jack plate height... nope. Even with a partner in the boat and port livewell full the boat still had the lean at any speed/trim including WOT. My dealer told me that all 19trx and the 20's had the lean and basically left me to deal with it. Whether or not the lean had something to do with the wave slapping and rough ride I don't know... but it was bad enough that I had to make a change. Maybe I got a lemon. I've talked with a couple of other 19trx owners who also experience a lean but they didn't seem as dissatisfied as I was.

18. Member
    I may give you a call later. Thanks for the info.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP