Thread: Questions

Questions

Hello been looking over the new Nitro's mainly the Z19 and it appears the passenger rod rack is not set up very good. It appears the rods will get in a bind with the seat and not lay correctly. Can anybody with a boat tell me how the rod rack works in the real word?

Thanks

I own a 2019. If you are talking about co-angler rod ramp you are correct.
    3 out of the six holes are cut too far to the right and the poles bend around seat when strapped to the rear deck..
    Unfortunately, there are a couple of things on this boat that the designers had good intentions, but are unproductive.
    2019 nitro z19 with mercury 4 stroke 200hp.

3. Member
    Yes what jimscia said. Now with that being said you still can use it and put the right rod where it should lay. I seldom use the strap behind the seat. It does work and yes it should be moved over some for a little bit easier of use.

Yes, correct.... MY 2017 Z19 was the same way. However, you can place a couple of rod handles on top of the footrest and most all 6 rods will lay pretty good.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

5. Member
    Also to add if you get a Z20 or Z21 they come with 8 holes for rods, they should just give them all 8 places for the rods and not just 6. The box that i have i do believe it should be a draw because you have to hold it open and it won't stay on its own.

I don't think i can get 8 rods to fit in all the holes on a z21. Honestly I rarely put my rod butts in the holes when im fishing out of anyone's else's boat.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

7. Member
    In real world use I've never seen anyone put the rod butts in the holes. They just lay the rods down on top of each other. If you do you use the holes it is a real PITA to get out a specific rod, you end up having to remove most of the other rods from the holes just to get the one you want. When you don't use the holes you can lay the rods at the proper angle so the seat is not in the way.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

8. Member
    I do agree with that comrad and bmcd. I personally don't use them when i am fishing alone i have the front deck. Very rare anyways. I do put the rods back there when i have someone going with me and i use the holes for the just so they don't fly out when traveling to and from the water.

Okay thanks for the info. I knew it looked that way but didn't have a rod to prove it. Not a deal breaker but is another thing to consider on the list of plus and minus things about boats I'm looking at.

10. Member
    As with all boats they have things that people will find that don't fit their need or likes. As for my Z19 i love it. Yes there are things i would change but i had a procraft before this one and there was was things i would change in it. The rod rack does work and like said above you don't have to use the holes while fishing. I don't regret buy my Nitro.

11. Member
    I don't even have my boat yet and see the flaw in that design. I will probably replace the tie down strap with a velcro strap that is closer to the gunnel. Seems like the people who designed the rod rack and the seat placement were not talking to each other!
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI