Bobby8

Anyone replace the livewell lid foam?

I just got in the logo livewell lid foam to replace the plain black lid foam. Can you just put the logo foam over the original? Do I have to pull the original? Is there glue to scrap? Thank you in advance.

2. Member
    I pulled out the foam before putting in the new logo pads. There wasn’t much residue left behind. Takes a little bit of patience to get the new ones trimmed just right and then applying once the paper backing is peeled

3. Bobby8
    Thank you.

So you don't have to remove any hardware? just pull the old out and put the new in (after trimming)?

5. Member
    Removing hardware Latches depends on what year boat you have. If your latches are on top of the lids, it will be easier to remove those latches in order to cut the circle out from your new pads. If your hardware is located on front by the passenger seats, then I doubt there’s any hardware removal. Mine had the hardware on top.

6. Banned
    I didn't replace the foam I added another layer to the lids of the livewells and the compartments around the livewells. I also spray glued foam to the underside of the stainless steel latches to keep the heat transference down. It made a difference in the temperature of the livewell water.
    I also put some foam on the sides of the livewells in the bilge area.