Picking up a 2017 Skeeter TZX190/150SHO

Never owned a Skeeter bass boat but will soon. I pick it up on Thursday. I owned basscats and tritons in the past. After six years away I feel like I'm starting all over. Fortunately, I've kept all my tackle, rods and reels. The only thing I'll need to get is new fishing line.

What fuel additive do you all use with 150SHO motors?

2. Member
    I have the same rig but it is a 2014 with one of the very early 150 SHOs built in summer 2013. For me I just run a small amount of ring free and Stabil Marine, just passed 7 years and zero issues using those two additives.

Thanks for the heads up and great to read that 7 year old motor having zero issues. I test drive at dealership location then take it home. My unit has a Lowrance Chirp in the Dash and Garming 93sv at the console and 73sv at the bow.

Speed I suspect tops out at 55 mph range but I'll cruise around 40-45mph.

So do you alternate between Ring free and stabile blue or mix them in each tank fillip?

4. Member
    Use ring free with every fill up. If you can get ethanol free even better, but regardless I would suggest adding ring free with every tank of gas per directions on side of container.

5. Member
    And congrats on the new Bug, welcome to the skeeter family.

Thanks! Tomorrow is the day I pick it up.

I put Ring Free in every time I add gas. I don't use Sta-Bil anymore. Now that I'm back in Texas, I actually use my boat all year. You don't need Sta-Bil if you use it (and add fresh gas) every week.

If you only use the boat (and add gas) once a month, then Sta-Bil would be recommended.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

Okay gents, I wasn't expecting this. Got out on Lay Lake, AL and cranked it up at WOT. Up rover 59.8 mph and down river 60.3 mph. I would have never thought that if I read it but behind the wheel this 1725lb bass boat scoots. Way faster then I ever would have imagined. To say I'm impressed is an understatement.

Baptized the boat today and after being away for 5 plus years. I got on the ledges and caught 14 bass using Baby Fluke/Spinning Rod combo. It's game on like in the past but sure didn't expect it. Nothing super big but boy did I have fun.

I am more then impressed with Skeeter bass boats. I have owned 7 boats with a mix between BassCat and Tritons and gotta say wow with this boat setup impresses. Skeeter dd their homework and the 150SHO. That motor is super, super quiet and matches well with this 18'6" hull. . I'm a believer!

I have pics but forgot how to post. When ever I try to upload nothing happens. Any suggestions appreciated.
    Last edited by deepanchor; 09-13-2020 at 12:19 PM.

9. Member
    Did you happen to buy this from Buck's Island? Dual console and green trim?
    Last edited by Thorny; 09-12-2020 at 06:52 PM.

No, Moses Watersports outside of Chattanooga. I detailed and buffed out a few scratches and this rig look brand new. Just unclear how to upload pics. I get to the window to ask to upload then nothing happens.

Boat /Motor matches. Silver Hull, Dark Blue/Black Skeeter stripe package.

I know this sounds crazy but is the a trick adding fuel. I was pumping gas and seems like the tank was full cutting off the gas going into the tank. Sometimes the obvious is not so straight forward. Yikes! I sure don't want to take ten minutes to drip in gas at the pump to fill the tank.

12. Member
    My 2017 zx190 is the same way can take 20 minutes to put 10 gallon in let me know if you find a fix

13. Member
    Cool. I saw one like I described and was wondering if you had bought it. I'm still a little bit away from buying one, but sitting in that ZX190 really made me think that's what I will be buying.

I'll call Skeeter about this and get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by RandySkeeter View Post
    My 2017 zx190 is the same way can take 20 minutes to put 10 gallon in let me know if you find a fix
    Last edited by deepanchor; 09-14-2020 at 08:39 PM.

I've owned Bass Cat and Triton and I'm every bit as impressed with this Skeeter bass boat. I don't know how but I'm running up to 60.6 mph at 6000rpms today. No river current. What is shocking is this boat weights 1725lbs and powered by the 150SHO. It gets out of the hole as quick as any boat I've owned. FYI: This is my 6th bass boat. No go for 20' bass boats anymore. I don't require it. I'm a meat and potato's fisherman. All I need is a good graph and look for fish. That is good enough for me.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deepanchor View Post
    I know this sounds crazy but is the a trick adding fuel. I was pumping gas and seems like the tank was full cutting off the gas going into the tank. Sometimes the obvious is not so straight forward. Yikes! I sure don't want to take ten minutes to drip in gas at the pump to fill the tank.
    Check the fuel lines running to the tank and ensure there are no sag points or kinked areas, if they look OK when fueling turn the gas nozzle upside down. When I first had mine there were a couple times where gas came back out while fueling, since I started turning the nozzle upside down zero issues - try it.

17. Member
    I hold the pump nozzle upside down on my 190 and it fills as fast as the pump can go. Flip it the “right way” and the pump clicks off just above a trickle. I can pee faster! Haha.

I will try that this weekend. Thanks! Also, will check fuel lines are above the fuel tank as well. Thanks for the great suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by mknj671 View Post
    Check the fuel lines running to the tank and ensure there are no sag points or kinked areas, if they look OK when fueling turn the gas nozzle upside down. When I first had mine there were a couple times where gas came back out while fueling, since I started turning the nozzle upside down zero issues - try it.

19. Member
    Congrats and good luck.

I went to the pump today and wow, no issues pumping gas in the tank. I can't explain it. Back in the game and also got confirmation my Skeeter warranty was transferred as the second owner of my boat.