Turtle Wax 50984 ICE Seal N Shine (Ceramic) Review - Long

Abstract: Clear, hard, hydrophobic, slick. Easy to apply. Maintain shine and protection with distilled water.

I enjoy maintaining the appearance of my 2011 Ranger. I’ve tried a lot of different products over the years and they all have their pluses and minuses. My main stay has been polish/wax followed by a spray detailer after each use of the boat. For this approach I’ve used both Meguiar's and Collinite products and Lucas Slick Mist, Eagle One Wax ‘n Dry or Bass Boat Saver as a detailer. I’ve always been satisfied with the results.

Not anymore.

Two months ago I tried Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine ($10, Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and I follow each trip with a wipe down of distilled water (avoids water spots) from a spray bottle and the results are amazing.

For prep, I used a strong solution of white vinegar and water (about 60-40) to get rid of the water spots on the cowling and stern. I then wiped everything down, including the underside, with distilled water. My previous maintenance made scum spots rare, but there were a few, and some elbow grease and Slick Mist got rid of those. I then applied the Turtle Wax ICE Seal N Shine.

The marketing on the bottle claims that it has carnauba wax, UV protection, SiO2 (silicon dioxide sometimes referred to as a “ceramic”) and hydrophobic polymers. It applies as a thin, watery liquid very easily. I sprayed a small area, spread with a micro fiber cloth and buffed a couple minutes later with a separate micro fiber cloth. Each area of application didn’t take as long to do as typing these three sentences. I did the top cap and hull sides and underside.

The results were evident to the naked eye. My boat had never looked nicer.

But wait, there’s more! I decided to do the windshield and my HB graph screens after prepping each the same as the fiberglass. Wow! Such amazing results that I would buy this product just for this use only. The windshield looks brand new and the screens really benefit from the hydrophobic characteristics – no more water spots.

As I mentioned, I applied this two months ago. After each time on the water I’ve been wiping down with sprayed, distilled water followed with a lint free absorbent cloth (I’m partial to cloth diapers). Everything takes about 5 minutes at most and looks the same as the day I applied the ICE Seal N Shine. The bottle claims that it will last for months. We’ll see but 2 months for sure.

I’ve since done my truck, my wife’s car and even my cell phone screen. I now clean each of them with sprayed distilled water. I’m not sure I will ever try anything else. Now it is time to order a second bottle.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

2. Member
    Welcome to the club.

Found it when I ran out of Eagle wet and dry product in deal on BBC from a few years ago.

If you want to step the game up a little,, this is what I am using now on boats and vehicles. Next generation.

https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-53...F4M0WMX012NHPH

Seal and Shine seems to have a very slight edge in shine dept but the Hybrid last longer in the wash dept.

3. Member
    I had a similar experience. BBS, then Slick Mist, then Eagle Wax AS U Dry Marine. Decided to try Seal N Shine after reading about it on a thread here. Brilliant shine and seems to last longer. I think it is a superior product to the other three.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

4. Member
    Very interesting thread. I still have a lot of Eagle Wax, but will remember this. Please update with good or bad as the product ages. Thanks

5. Member
    I agree with the above. Very impressed with the seal n shine! Best shine on vehicles and boat by far compared to the other products used. Seems very durable as well
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Was using seal n shine but now switched to Ceramic Hybrid, IMO I think this is the finest spray wax I ever used and on my cars too.

7. Member
    Was using seal n shine but now switched to Ceramic Hybrid, IMO I think this is the finest spray wax I ever used and on my cars too.
    X2

3 months and 3 car washes.

Pretty good for the price

Click pic to enlarge

20200911_083505.jpg

8. Member
    You guys made me go out and buy some seal and shine. Cleaned boat this evening. Seal and Shine tomorrow evening. Can’t wait to see it for myself.
    2019 Ram 5.7 Hemi Limited
    Skeeter ZX225
    2 Lowrance 12” Carbons
    1 Lowrance 9” Live
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Yamaha 225/ Hydro Tec/ 25-T1 SHO prop/ 83mph
    2-8’ Power Poles
    12” Black Atlas Jack

9. Member
    Hybrid Solutions is the "It" product for cheap spray coating right now in the car world. Right now I plan on using it on my boat, I have been convinced traditional ceramic coatings does not hold up well on boats and frequent applications of a product like this will be preferable than a yearly ceramic coating or seasonal waxing. We don't have a off season here.

10. Member
    I should have commented that the truck hood pic is not after a rain but from a morning dew that just beads up.

11. Member
    I use Groft’s 3&1 and their spray 3&1 in between cleanings and buffing