Livewell drain replacement on '92 ls180

has anyone had to do this? Mine has been very hard to open and close for years now, so ive just left it open since i dont normally keep fish. Not sure where to find parts or what i would need. I have. Looked at the flowrite remote drain on tackle warehouse, but it looks very different than what is currently there.

I just replaced mine this spring with this one; https://store.flow-rite.com/marine-c...-system-1.html
    Always Think Like A Fish.....No Matter How Weird it Is!!

3. Member
    Thats what i ended up finding as well. I ordered it, a cable, and lever.

4. Member
    Replaced all of my valves and controls this past winter,,,Flowrite.com is the place.Hardest part was me puckering up to cut big holes for the lever style acutatiors

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swamprat View Post
    Replaced all of my valves and controls this past winter,,,Flowrite.com is the place.Hardest part was me puckering up to cut big holes for the lever style acutatiors
    I got over that when i installed a recessed foot tray kit for the tm. The original omc motor was still working when I replaced it 5 years ago with a fortrex, and added the a recess foot kit then. I am looking at adding a flowrite remote drain for the plug next, if i dont have to replace any livewell pumps as well this weekend. I have not worried with the livewells for years now, since i never used them and just fun fished, but have recently been talked into doing some local pot tournaments with a freind and may start using my boat some in them.

for those who have done the livewell drain already, were you able to use the existing cable as a pull for a new one? I tried to pull on mine a lil last nite, but it seems hung up on something under the livewell itself. I am gonna try and see it better with my inspection camera later this weekend when i can work on it more.
    Last edited by junyer357; 09-11-2020 at 10:44 AM.

6. Member
    the old style push/pull actuators are no longer avaliable anywhere.I they are broken or froze up you have to upgrade to lever style.

7. Member

8. Member
    Yea, i have a new cable, i was hoping to tape it to the existing one to pull it through, but i cant get the existing one to move at all. Its hanging up on something under the livewell.

9. Member
    20200913_102625.jpg

This is what i ordered. Lever, valve and 8' cable

Quote Originally Posted by junyer357 View Post
    20200913_102625.jpg

This is what i ordered. Lever, valve and 8' cable
    You are going to need this https://store.flow-rite.com/actuator...terma-010.html
    to mount the actuator because the hole diameter you have is larger than needed for your new one.
    And on mine I had to remove some wood on the inside of the hole( towards the stern) because of the angle of the cable mounting bracket.
    Leave your old cable as is if it moves freely...it's exactly the same cable as the new one

Last edited by basfish; 09-14-2020 at 12:39 PM.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basfish View Post
    You are going to need this https://store.flow-rite.com/actuator...terma-010.html
    to mount the actuator because the hole diameter you have is larger than needed for your new one.
    And on mine I had to remove some wood on the inside of the hole( towards the stern) because of the angle of the cable mounting bracket.
    Leave your old cable as is if it moves freely...it's exactly the same cable as the new one

i wish i had seen that adapter sunday. i placed an order at flowrite for the through hull port since i broke the old one sunday when i was putting in the new valve. I ended up making a new adapter out of aluminum yesterday. its not quite as nice looking, but the price was right since i had no material cost and about a half hour of work. I still have to work on the wood though.

The cable was definitely the main problem. The lever was free and the valve was pretty good moving on its own, but did have a slight gritty feel. cable wold not budge to move in any way, to actuate valve, or to to use as a fishtape for the new cable. After i got into it, i think a 6 ft cable would have worked as well too

13. Member
    The struggle is real,,,Just saying

14. Member
    i went ahead and ordered adaptor and it looks much better to me than my homemade plate. Making clearance for the new lever and cable to turn took the longest, trying to remove just enough material to let valve operate. I got everything installed and done and had a small leak on the new valve when i got it in the water to check on sunday. . Looks like I pinched a hole in the tubing when I twisted it off the old valve. Easy fix to just cut bad section out and reattach. Planning to "make sure" tomorrow for a half a day or so. Got to let it sit in the water for a while under real use conditions of fishing to be sure, especially when it looks to be sunny and 70 tomorrow.