Electrical gremlin???

Loving our new 1880 but, the first time I plugged the battery charger in i thought I heard a little crackle of electricity. All three banks were red and a few hours later all green. Fast forward to this past Saturday, unplugged charger, secured everything and headed to the lake. Get back in Saturday evening, get boat stowed in garage, plug charger back in, think I hear a crackle again, all the banks are red, jiggle stuff around, don't see or smell anything, maybe it's my imagination. Sunday morning all banks are green, decided not to go out after church, left everything as is. WE get to yesterday morning. We are up early to try to get some fishing in before the wake boarders get up. I push the garage door button and nothing happens, go to reset GFI outlet that charger was plugged into and it won't reset, check breaker box, nothing tripped, hummm. We head to the lake anyway and stop and pick up another GFI on the way home. I replaced it last night, nada, nothing. Now looks like I need an electrician. Awaiting call back from dealer Service Dept.
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

Quote Originally Posted by MarkG52 View Post
    Loving our new 1880 but, the first time I plugged the battery charger in i thought I heard a little crackle of electricity. All three banks were red and a few hours later all green. Fast forward to this past Saturday, unplugged charger, secured everything and headed to the lake. Get back in Saturday evening, get boat stowed in garage, plug charger back in, think I hear a crackle again, all the banks are red, jiggle stuff around, don't see or smell anything, maybe it's my imagination. Sunday morning all banks are green, decided not to go out after church, left everything as is. WE get to yesterday morning. We are up early to try to get some fishing in before the wake boarders get up. I push the garage door button and nothing happens, go to reset GFI outlet that charger was plugged into and it won't reset, check breaker box, nothing tripped, hummm. We head to the lake anyway and stop and pick up another GFI on the way home. I replaced it last night, nada, nothing. Now looks like I need an electrician. Awaiting call back from dealer Service Dept.
    I had something similar happen to me. It ended up being a 20 amp breaker in the main box, switched it out with a new one.
    It was just weak.
    2019 Vexus AVX 2080
    Evinrude G2 200
    Bobs Hyd. Jackplate, Dual power poles
    Aluminum trailer, polyurea flooring

3. Member
    Thanks neo! I'll take a look at that tomorrow.
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

4. Member
    Well, the electrical gremlin in the house has been eradicated. Something with the connection to the plug in the ceiling that garage door opener is connected to. No we'll have power to plug the boat back into!
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

5. Member
    Forgot to add, when I plugged charger back in the other evening, not on the GFI outlet, no crackles anywhere. I think we are all good to go!
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope