721 Mercury V8 Prop Test

So Tried some different Props out and wanted to share what I ended up running with each.
    721 w/Poles 12" Atlas 36 volt mk with charger and lead batteries. Boat loaded with just me full tank empty wells. Mid 80's and 86/87 degree water.
    24 3b fury 74.8 5990 rpms
    25 tempest + 69.8 6240 rpms at limiter
    26 tempest + 73.0 6000 rpms but had more needed more lake and less waves to stretch out.

So even tho I hate how low the fury wants to run low it does perform better out of the hole and overall than everything else. Still do not understand why a 25 tempest was at the rev limiter in no time when I was told I needed a 24 tempest and the 24 fury wont break 6K. The temps would want to blow out even with all PVS holes plugged so really had to use the jackplate to get up in a decent time.

2. Member
    Did drop the JP down to run 6150 with 25 temp and it would only run 67

3. Member
    My 27 3 Blade Fury likes to run lower than my 4 Blade 27 Bravos..Will run 84+ loaded with the Fury and 81 with the Bravo...More efficient with the Bravo it seems.
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

4. Member
    Have you had the tempest props worked? They really need some love to really run. The fury is just a stiffer prop than the tempest, that's the reason for the difference.

5. Member
    No both were stock. Talked to Mark Croxton and he feels the fury has the best slip and numbers and didnt sound like he felt it would help me to work either of the tempests so I don't really know. Using the prop slip cal. I really dont know how to label the fury or tempest as the fury is stiffer like a 25 or holds a 24 and the tempest flexes from a 25 to a 24?? Hell who knows. I just know the tempest would fly on a 2 stroke on the 201 which is real close to this hull I would guess.

6. Member
    Curious what a 23 Fury 3B would do for you. It would get you to 6200 rpm. It brought my boat alive holeshot to mid-range.

7. Member
    I started to try one that same day but after the 25 temp turned to the limiter I figured It would do the same. I think I saw 6k once with the 24 fury and it was still warm not to to humid so maybe it will come up a touch in some cooler weather. Just wonder if the fury could be worked to better the 24. I know 5-6% slip is great but always looking for more I guess.

8. Member
    Interesting. I lost RPM with a Tempest+ 25p compared to the 24 fury. Ive seen 76 with both props but lost about 150-200 rpm with the Tempest. Exact same setup as you except I run a 10" Atlas.