JJ's Magic Boat Storage

I love using JJ's magic on my soft plastics, it lasts forever. But that's also the problem if you spill it lol. And the smell is extremely strong! That's why many people won't carry it on their boats. But I'll find a way to use what I need to put fish in the boat and for me it works better than the other scents/dyes - I have confidence in it. So, I carry mine in a Plano Guide Series Waterproof Utility Case
    and have never had a problem with spillage. I let any drippings spill onto the foam in the box. Here's a link to what I use to store it on my boat. I can get 8 little containers of JJ's magic in there comfortably. Just FYI for any of you that want to carry it and are scared of spillage.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/plan...case?rrec=true
    “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail
    Ben Franklin

2000 Ranger 518vx Comanche

2. Member
    What size are you using? I have a small case I use that I made foam inserts to hold bottles in place, but would like something more secure.

3. Member
    I use the orange one. They come in different colors that are different sizes. The orange one is 4” high which allows for almost exact clearance for the bottles height wise. The bottles are about 3.25-3.5” tall. Orange one is perfect height.
    Ben Franklin

4. Member
    I just put some paper towels and my dye bottle in a ziplock bag. When using the dye I open the bottle but keep it in the ziplock while applying to baits.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

5. Member
    I bought this sandwich box at Walmart and used a hole saw to drill the divider. 3 or 4 dollars maybe. Works great. I use the inside of the lid to let baits dry if I’m not on the water.
    5519B060-BCC4-48B3-935F-D547007F42BC.jpeg70B265A8-3889-45D4-BE8E-DBE0245E9638.jpeg

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    I bought this sandwich box at Walmart and used a hole saw to drill the divider. 3 or 4 dollars maybe. Works great. I use the inside of the lid to let baits dry if I’m not on the water.
    5519B060-BCC4-48B3-935F-D547007F42BC.jpeg70B265A8-3889-45D4-BE8E-DBE0245E9638.jpeg
    Was looking for my lunch box .... now, i know what happen to it.

Great Idea, I might do that to mine as well -

7. Member
    That looks like mine also. Works ok just looking for something more secure.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post

8. Member
    I used a plano waterproof box to make a storage box for my dyes. I used some hard foam and drilled holes with a hole saw to store the bottle in. I then glued a small sponge in the middle to lay the wet baits on while I closed the bottles. It works great, but if I was doing it over I would have bought this box https://www.harborfreight.com/1800-w...all-64550.html because of price. The Plano box was over double the price and did not have the foam like the one from Harbor Freight, plus I think the waterproof features are better in this box.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SDFD29 View Post
    I used a plano waterproof box to make a storage box for my dyes. I used some hard foam and drilled holes with a hole saw to store the bottle in. I then glued a small sponge in the middle to lay the wet baits on while I closed the bottles. It works great, but if I was doing it over I would have bought this box https://www.harborfreight.com/1800-w...all-64550.html because of price. The Plano box was over double the price and did not have the foam like the one from Harbor Freight, plus I think the waterproof features are better in this box.
    Thats what I did... and works well......

10. Member
    This is my actual set up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ben Franklin

I boughtva small plastic bowl with scew on lid like you would use for food storage. I put JJ's Magic in it as well as my Mend It and Super Glue. I put the JJ's Magic bottle on lid when I am dipping bait as well as letting bait dry. If I knock it over the lid will catch the liquid and helps keep it off my carpet.

12. Member
    I went to replace the one that was used up in the boat, one in the sealed package that was hanging on pegboard...was 1/4 full, evaporated or something!!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven H View Post
    I went to replace the one that was used up in the boat, one in the sealed package that was hanging on pegboard...was 1/4 full, evaporated or something!!

Boy I bet thats some potent stuff now!!!
    07 Legend LE-21__Sold.
    16 Phoenix 921 Pro xp

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven H View Post
    Yes it evaporates as it sits there. I have had bottles that have dried up to nearly nothing sitting in the boat.
    2020 Caymas CX20

I use a Pelican Micro 1050. It is completely sealed. I have had JJs explode (from heat I assume) and this box contained it all. There is a soft insert to keep the bottles from breaking and I put a piece of cardboard between the bottles as well. Three bottles fit perfectly in the case. They make a 1060 if you want to keep more.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s