Question H22B Performance Question.

I bought a used 2013 H22B with an Yamaha F150 and I am not getting the speed or handling of any of the forums that I read or videos that I watch. The prop is a Power Tech 3 blade 19 pitch. I cannot get over 40 mph running down stream on flat smooth water. I had steering issues the first time I brought it out which made testing it extremely hard. I went home and bled the hydraulic steering making sure that there wasnt any air in the lines according to Seastar instructions. I took the boat out today and noticed the steering is much better but still a little stiff to turn at different times. Im going to take it to a local authorized Yamaha technician tomorrow if I can get an opening. Also I cant get passed 5000 rpm either. I that normal? I want to get all the issues worked out before the upcoming fall speckled trout season so that I can enjoy my time on the water and not spend time fixing issues.
    Last edited by Pickthisone; 09-08-2020 at 01:09 AM.

2. Member
    Two possibilities: Boat or motor. Both are 7 years old.

Has the boat been stored outside or on the water for that time? A chance the foam is waterlogged. Overall boat weight.

Motor: Tuned, good gas, clean injectors, is there a water separator, good service history? Prop: bent, ever work right?

Looking at Yamaha Performance Bulletins you should be in the ballpark. However, some props run like bigger pitch props. In getting my 2014 115 Yamaha up to speed I bought a couple Yamaha Talon Aluminum props as they are $140 for a different pitch if needed, a 16p runs very like an 18p.

Let us know what you find.