Warranty Question

I just bought a 2019 Skeeter FX-21 from a private owner in OK. The boat is still being registered and titled. I have had the boat out twice. The boat was a dealership Lowrance demo (meaning all the HB and Ultrex was replaced with Lowrance graphs and a Ghost). The dealership installed a holder for the Ghost TM to keep it from bouncing which was screwed into the floor of the front deck where the post on the TM sits. It is locked in in the stainless holder. Where they screwed the holder into the bow platform has now collapsed. The portion that collapsed is basically round 2” section. Would this be covered by warranty by Skeeter or most likely the dealership it was purchased from? The boat is less than a year old and the original owner had it less than three months. I live in Houston area and would prefer not to drive back to OK but if I have to I will. Thanks for any help or suggestions. Also, any one that goes with this type of mount be careful installing it!
    2019 Skeeter FX-21
    250 SHO
    Lowrance 16” Live & 12” Live
    Ghost TM

2. Member
    I figured out the type of mount it is as follows:

T-H Marine Troll-Tamer Trolling Motor Stabilizing Lock

2019 Skeeter FX-21
    250 SHO
    Ghost TM

3. Member
    Call Skeeter direct and discuss this with them. I don’t want to give you false hope, but I would be very surprised if they wouldn’t be willing to work with you.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Skeeter View Post
    Call Skeeter direct and discuss this with them. I don’t want to give you false hope, but I would be very surprised if they wouldn’t be willing to work with you.
    I agree

5. Member
    Call Skeeter direct , Whats the number I have some issues on my 2019 zx , paint bubbling and peeling up the black paint that is under compartment decking , leaking compartments , I know talk to the dealer but get the run around

6. Member
    Thanks for the responses. Will call today and update.
    2019 Skeeter FX-21
    250 SHO
    Ghost TM

7. Member

8. Member
    For Skeeter boats, the new owner has to transfer the warranty within a set amount of time. Cost is about $200. I believe that it can only be transferred once. Details on website.

9. Member
    Are you talking the carpet is crushed and there is a 2" round crush mark in the carpet and pad. Or, are you saying the deck itself is pushing all the way through, as in a hole through the actual deck. In either case, neither will be covered under skeeters warranty. If it is a crush mark, any type of bounce buster would have case this and is common for it to be there. If it is going all the way through the deck, this would be an improper install by who ever installed the Troll-Tamer. They left it to long and the weight of the trolling motor pushed it way through. Or worse, the owner of the boat beat the shit out of it so bad that they kept driving the tamer hard into the deck. All warranty work is suppose to go through the dealer. In most cases Skeeter is going to direct you back to the dealer first. Only if there continues to be problems will they begin to get involved. But, as for your question, none of the issues that I referred to are going to be warranty work.

10. Member
    Ok guys, I have to say Skeeter is pretty awesome. They are covering the issue. They wanted me to take it to my local dealership and they they would ship it and return it when completed. Since I only live 3 hours away I will drop it off and pick it up when it is completed.

Densik, the boat was the Lowrance Demo and the Troll Tamer was installed by the dealership. They evidently did not do it properly. It was not the indention of the base of the troll tamer. The fiberglass structure underneath collapsed. Basically a 2” circle which is no longer adequate.

I am very impressed with Skeeter’s customer service to say the least!
    2019 Skeeter FX-21
    250 SHO
    Ghost TM

11. Member
    They are an awesome group to work with. Glad it worked out, they have always exceeded my expectations that’s one of many reasons I am loyal to them. Glad it worked out as I expected.

12. Member
    I would of never thought to contact them directly. Thanks to both of you who suggested it!
    2019 Skeeter FX-21
    250 SHO
    Ghost TM