First trip on St Clair

Hey gang,

First trip on St Clair. If anyone has any tips that would be great. I'm not tournament fishing so no worries there. I will be staying at hotel Lakeview up by anchor bay.

2. Member
    I guess not that many St Clair guys.

Actually... Too many guys...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    When are you going?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KenHo View Post
    When are you going?
    This Weekend 9-11-9-13

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    This Weekend 9-11-9-13
    I don't know anything about St. Clair fishing this time of year and I'm going up myself this weekend. My plan was to cover as much water as I could and slow down if I get a couple bites in the same general area.

I would say your username is a good start.

7. Member
    We were there two weeks ago on a Sunday and it was typical fishing, find the deepest water in whatever area you wanna fish and pick off 2-3 fish then move to the next deep spots. 1/2 of our group fished Anchor bay and one boat had 20lbs with just targeting deeper areas with drop shots. I caught the big of the day in an area which was 12 feet with a ton of perch around. If you head toward metro area you can target them out deeper near the shipping channel, again scattered, but that is what smallmouth fishing is right now. Throw what you are confident in and they will come around.

Also, watch for pleasure boat traffic to pick up and be prepared to have a really rough ride mid day.

8. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Actually... Too many guys...

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

They are really biting in Canada-i’d imagine
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    They are really biting in Canada-i’d imagine
    Yep, our side has seen an insane amount of pressure this summer. I really miss fishing the Canadian water....

11. Member
    Ya'll have been great sending me PM's . I do want to assure you guys that I'm not tournament fishing at all. I'm visiting my son in college and just want to get him and teammates on the water a couple of times before the cold weather hits

12. Member
    They’ll be scattered. They haven’t started to school up yet. Sounds like you have done good ideas suggested already. Good luck let us know how you do!

13. Member
    Find some deep water and look at your electronics for fish. You'll know right away if they are there or not. Cover lots of water and don't waste time in a spot. I keep my TM on 90 and my eyes are on livescope 95% of the time.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DubyaDee View Post
    Find some deep water and look at your electronics for fish. You'll know right away if they are there or not. Cover lots of water and don't waste time in a spot. I keep my TM on 90 and my eyes are on livescope 95% of the time.
    That dang livescope seems to be the ticket out there.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DubyaDee View Post
    I'm heading up this weekend and my front graph doesn't even work. Certainly a disadvantage, but it is what it is. Old school fishing for me.