Fuel Vent Location 05 TR-21xdc?

As I was filling up my 05 TR-21XDC this morning, I followed my usual routine with refueling:

1. Pour Stabil in tank
    2. Pour Quickcare in tank
    3. Pour Quickleen in tank

Now, when I was refueling, a lot of fuel splashed out and the tank "acted" like it was full; it had only about 5 gallons in the tank (and it's a 54-gallon tank).

I was able to refuel (very, very slowly) to 20 gallons; enough to have a nice Labor Day on the lake--only to end up with a failing or failed compressor (ouch)...I put that one in the Mercury 3.0 forum if anyone wants to take a look at that as well.

Did the Stabil and Mercury fuel additives react or is there a blocked fuel vent I can't find that needs to be unplugged?

Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    Its likely Y-ed into the filler neck tube, and the filler cap is also the vent.

3. Member
    Some of those additives likely got into the vent tube. If you look at the filler opening you should see a smaller tube combined with the gas filler. You will need to clear that blockage either by blowing air into the vent tube "manually" or with a compressed air source. Some of that "air in a can" used for electronics will probably work. Get a funnel with a LONG neck to add your additives. Best of luck!