Fury 3 to which 4 blade ?

Hey guys, I currently own a Ranger Z519 with a Mercury 225 PRO XS V8, running a Fury 3 23 pitch. It is fine loaded light and bymyself. But if loaded,full livewells,fuel and 2 people, my holeshot suffers. I would like to go to a 4 blade for holeshot and mid range performance. Don't care about loosing alittle on top end.
    The lowest pitch Fury 4 seems to be 24 which I think would be alittle much for my setup. I know alot of guys are running the Bravos. But which one and which pitch? Thanks, Kirk
    225 PRO XS W/TORQUE MASTER GEAR CASE. Full tank of gas, full livewell, and full gear. No poles.
    PTP=2 5/8''
    2900 RPM
    69 MPH
    Last edited by JKL; 09-09-2020 at 07:46 PM.

What gearcase TK I or TK II
    What are the rpms at Max speed
    No pvs plugs right?
    Elevation?.
    Poles?
    That boat should have a fair holeshot with that setup, 6 to 7 seconds, about 67 mph at 5600 to 5700 rpm this time of year
    Four blade will cost you 2-4 mph, may or may not help hole shot all that much
    Pitch would depend on info provided, I suspect a 24 or 25 XS
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL View Post
    Hey guys, I currently own a Ranger Z519 with a Mercury 225 PRO XS V8, running a Fury 3 23 pitch. It is fine loaded light and bymyself. But if loaded,full livewells,fuel and 2 people, my holeshot suffers. I would like to go to a 4 blade for holeshot and mid range performance. Don't care about loosing alittle on top end.
    The lowest pitch Fury 4 seems to be 24 which I think would be alittle much for my setup. I know alot of guys are running the Bravos. But which one and which pitch? Thanks, Kirk
    They make a 23p 4 blade Fury...I just recently found that out myself..

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tom1973 View Post
    They make a 23p 4 blade Fury...I just recently found that out myself..
    Thanks, I'll check into that.

The 3 blade Fury runs a little stiffer than the 4. You can also run the 4 higher. I run a 24 three blade and a 25 four blade. I run the 3 blade at 14 on the jp and the 4 blade at 17 on the jp. I turn the 3 to 5950 and the 4 50 to 100 more rpm's. the 3 blade is 3 1/2 seconds out of the hole and the 4 is 2 1/2 to 3. The 3 runs 76 and the 4 runs 73. This is on a 20 Phoenix with a Mercury 4 stroke 250.
    Hope that helps you pick one.

6. Member
    Well, just ordered a Razor 4XL from Mark. Will post comparison when I get it,and do alittle testing. Thanks for replies.

7. Member
    Totally different boat/engine, but I have been so happy with my Razor 4 XL.