Thread: Rod organizer

Rod organizer

Curious what anybody’s doing for Rod organization in the rod locker. I’ve had one handle break on a reel, since my poles are just laying there in Rod socks. I’m guessing trading makes some sort of insert for the front and the rear of the Ron locker? I would be curious to learn what other people are doing so I do it right the first time.
    thx

2. Member
    I recommend that you remove the rod organizer completely and get you a bunch of rod sleeves.

3. Banned
    I have an 03 tr186 and I have 23 in my rod locker. They are just laying in there, as organized as can be I suppose. I have rod socks on all of them and reel covers. So far I haven't had any issues. It had some sort of organizer when I got it but it was only for 10 set ups so it had to go.

4. Member
    I keep my rack .. took out my tubes .. fit lot more and easier to get out ..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph44 View Post
    how many can you comfortably fit doing it this way? That might be the best way to go in my opinion.

no organizer for me. Rod socks are your friend! I can normally grab a rod on the bottom of the stack with no issues.
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenheadz View Post
    no organizer for me. Rod socks are your friend! I can normally grab a rod on the bottom of the stack with no issues.
    I don’t have any issues with the rods getting tangled, my issue is I had a handle on one of my reels break from banging around on the bottom and against other rods I presume. Apparently nobody else has this problem so I’m guessing I may have had a bad handle or just bad luck.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph44 View Post
    This is my preference as well. Although my current boat didn't come with either organizer so its just an empty rod locker. Still works much better than having tubes in the front.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

9. Member
    You can stack 2 in just about each hole.. I have 12 at the moment...
    plus a .. A rig in the middle of flooor not holder .plus all mine have Socks too.
    All baitcaster .. spinning rods .. 8 ..are all on other side..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

10. Member
    So how does the rear rack install? I’m guessing the holder has screw down mounts? I think I’ll pass on the tubes, the rod rack maybe something I’ll look at doing

Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    I don’t have any issues with the rods getting tangled, my issue is I had a handle on one of my reels break from banging around on the bottom and against other rods I presume. Apparently nobody else has this problem so I’m guessing I may have had a bad handle or just bad luck.
    I could see that happening on some of those rougher water days, luckily I guess I haven't had that issue yet. Good luck in what you decide to do.
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah

12. Member
    If ya had too take a big beach towel and lay it on top of where the reels are and let the cushion and from towels hold them in place