First time in Kansas BIG HILL

Gonna fish big hill wildlife lake is it any good never been before and wanting to give it a try

2. Member
    Never been before either. Looking forward to your report.

I am assuming for bass. Watch out for the tress, but you should be able to catch some fish. The lake has a tendency of being stingy at times. Have not been there is some time, but 3-Liter might be on here later with a better report on the conditions.

4. Member
    I have not been on Big Hill for a while. With the cooler weather I would expect to fish the back one half of coves where shad are seen. Square bills and swimbaits should work. Weather here today is cloudy and 60 degrees, a couple more days of that will help. Big Mike, I sent you a message.

Love fishing there, but it can be stingy sometimes. Been down there three times this year so far (going next week too hopefully) and done well. I've taken a couple 7s and several 5's and 6's out of there over the years. Some good smallmouth there too. LOVE fishing that lake. As said, if the water cools down some go to the back of some of the cuts with a square bill, chatterbait or swim jig and get to work. Should be dynamite.

6. Member
    Well had a heck of a good time caught a ton of fish and broke my drive on my PA 14 due to all the stumps. It is an absolutly beautiful lake. Biggest was 4 lbs and caught probably 35-40 fish in 2 days.

7. Member
    had to google PA 14, I assume that is a kayak and not a Piper airplane

Quote Originally Posted by bigmike260 View Post
    Well had a heck of a good time caught a ton of fish and broke my drive on my PA 14 due to all the stumps. It is an absolutly beautiful lake. Biggest was 4 lbs and caught probably 35-40 fish in 2 days.
    Glad you had a good trip. That lake has tore allot of stuff up over the years.