Skeeter FXR spacer between the jack plate and motor...some have them and some don't??

So here is the question...Skeeter FXR spacer between the jack plate and motor...some have them and some don't. WHY?????

All the one's I have looked at all have a 12 inch jack plate so it's not making up the distance for a smaller jack plate and I have see it on the FRX 20 and the FXR 21.

Any ideas as to why?

JP1.jpg
    JP2.jpg

2. Member
    I just recently had the wedges implemented into my setup. I was experiencing some porpoising at slow speeds 30mph or less tournament loaded and live wells full. Outside of that all was golden. They implemented this wedge and it has helped thus far. I haven’t put but maybe 3hrs on it since it was installed so time will tell. Looking back I would run most of the time with the hyd JP all the way down and trim very conservative during breakin an this didn’t help it. Now that it’s over the 20hrs, rings are set, and maintenance has been completed, I drive it like it’s stolen with no issues. Each hull is slightly different so finding that sweet spot is frustrating. Mine likes 6-8 getting on plane and once there 18-19 with 75-80% time running 73-74mph loaded.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Skeeter View Post
    I just recently had the wedges implemented into my setup. I was experiencing some porpoising at slow speeds 30mph or less tournament loaded and live wells full. Outside of that all was golden. They implemented this wedge and it has helped thus far. I haven’t put but maybe 3hrs on it since it was installed so time will tell. Looking back I would run most of the time with the hyd JP all the way down and trim very conservative during breakin an this didn’t help it. Now that it’s over the 20hrs, rings are set, and maintenance has been completed, I drive it like it’s stolen with no issues. Each hull is slightly different so finding that sweet spot is frustrating. Mine likes 6-8 getting on plane and once there 18-19 with 75-80% time running 73-74mph loaded.
    Those spacers are about 2 inches thick all the way through...you running an FXR 20 or 21? Did the dealer install the spacers because they look factory Yamaha colors from the ones I have seen?

4. Member
    Mine is slightly different, as it’s an angled wedge between motor and JP. I’ll post pics next time I’m at my boat storage. It wasn’t factory, but my dealer did it after Skeeter authorized it at the 20hr service. I’m running the FXR20 limited. The wedge is solid from top to bottom and is aluminum.

5. Member
    PM sent 04skeeter
    2021 FXR20LE Option 3

6. Member
    Mine has them and they are a wedge. Came that way from the factory. I think they started doing it to help with porpoising