Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartcase View Post
    So last Thursday (5 1/2 weeks later) they called and said it was ready to pick up. So I went and picked it up that afternoon and they told me they changed the oil, lower end oil and removed all the bunk bolts and reinstalled them with silicone. That cost me 424.00 dollars which I don't know if that's good or bad. When I dropped it off I had the cover on it knowing it was going to sit outside for a while. When I picked it up the cover was still on it so I hooked it up to my truck and took it up to my place at the lake. We just got up here and took the cover off and right by the drivers side on the gel coat was some oil stains (Finger prints) and they won't come off. I'm sure at this point I'll just have to deal with it. You would think BPS would gve you the best available service you can get but I'm not sure that's the case.
    If it's on the gelcoat just get some acetone and it should come off. There's nothing that should really stain that in that short amount of time.
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

2. Member
    I called the Broken Arrow Bass Pro service center today. They told me they are not taking any boats for service for one month. Called Springfield. They told me 4-6 weeks once the boat was dropped off. My service experiences is what will keep me from buying another Nitro.

3. Banned
    Wow @ this thread. BPS Tampa makes appointments for Merc annual service. Dropped off afternoon before appt and picked up 24 hrs later after work. $272 for annual service (fluid change, filters, and lube) and new impeller. No way I'm leaving my boat at a service center for weeks or months. That's stupid.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryFL View Post
    Wow @ this thread. BPS Tampa makes appointments for Merc annual service. Dropped off afternoon before appt and picked up 24 hrs later after work. $272 for annual service (fluid change, filters, and lube) and new impeller. No way I'm leaving my boat at a service center for weeks or months. That's stupid.
    Same service work done here in Bossier City, Louisiana. Dropped off on Monday and picked it up on Wednesday. Similar pricing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Didn’t know that they would directly send parts on warranty without the dealer looking at it. Would I contact nitro or the charger manufacturer? The bank for my house battery hasn’t worked basically since new, I’ve been making it work by combining batteries to charger and occasionally sticking my own charger on the house battery but would be nice if I could just fix it myself without the wait.
    Contact the charger company direct.... could save you some time. I have not dealt with Noco, but guest and dual pro were more then willing to warranty my item. Unless you out of your warranty period, or you have the BPS protection plan they offer.
    Last edited by BMCD; 10-06-2020 at 07:27 AM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Banned
    Didn’t know that they would directly send parts on warranty without the dealer looking at it. Would I contact nitro or the charger manufacturer? The bank for my house battery hasn’t worked basically since new, I’ve been making it work by combining batteries to charger and occasionally sticking my own charger on the house battery but would be nice if I could just fix it myself without the wait.
    Noco 4 bank? My AGM house battery wont fully charge, gets superhot but interstate says the battery is fine... I have switched banks and its still not good. I wonder if the noco doesnt like AGM?

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Noco 4 bank? My AGM house battery wont fully charge, gets superhot but interstate says the battery is fine... I have switched banks and its still not good. I wonder if the noco doesnt like AGM?
    My noco/agm is fine. Something wacky. Probably the battery itself. It's crappy battery too so get a better one like a batteries plus x2 31 agm
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    yes it’s the noco 4 bank. Stays on red status and doesn’t put any voltage out. Haven’t tried swapping battery banks, that would let me know for sure I suppose. Battery seems to recharge fine from the alternator when running the big motor.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

I'm sure you checked the inline fuses? One of my connectors got loose and would just stay red. Course that connector and fuse was behind another battery.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I'm sure you checked the inline fuses? One of my connectors got loose and would just stay red. Course that connector and fuse was behind another battery.
    actually screwed around with it and the charger is working on all banks. I think my interstate agm was just too low to take a charge. Been paying closer attention now and it seems like it drains extremely fast, might try to get a different battery under warranty

actually screwed around with it and the charger is working on all banks. I think my interstate agm was just too low to take a charge. Been paying closer attention now and it seems like it drains extremely fast, might try to get a different battery under warranty
    I would check all your power connections through out the boat. I had a good friend with a very similar issue. And I think it was a positive to negative and the and negative to positive. Something silly.

But a loose battery will do that to.
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greens1098 View Post
    I would check all your power connections through out the boat. I had a good friend with a very similar issue. And I think it was a positive to negative and the and negative to positive. Something silly.

But a loose battery will do that to.
    i really just think it was too low to charge at the time. I’ve paid more attention to the voltage throughout the day, and it drops pretty quickly even with a full charge. I just added livescope and it isn’t helping at all. Unsure whether to try to get a warranty battery, add another battery for my electronics or just get a different brand battery.

A Volt meter should be able to answer your question about a bad battery.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

14. Member
    What does the first year service include and how much did it run you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12