Youghiogheny Dam 9-4-2020

I heard that a tournament held last weekend ended fast for one of the boaters. Remember in my last post I said beware of water that looks good. He flew over the lower mud flat and lost his lower end. Not sure if he hit a stump, rock or one of the gravel bars you can not see until you hit them.

No secret the water is dropping and really you have to be careful below Mill Run. You have the find the channel. In a few weeks I expect the other shallows north of the Rt 40 bridge will become problems too. If in doubt and you want to run wide openabove Rt 40 just follow the channel. Might be helpfully to use Google map as it shows the Yough with low water.

So how did my day go? Well the boater me got zero and my rider got a nice one. It was a long day and I want to check out several places since the water was down. That my excuse for the day, lol. I did see Steinybass and we had a little chat. Later I saw him pull out a bass. So probably the only one that had a bad day was me. Nothing worked for me. Including being in an area of active bass feeding on the surface. Now granted the water was the color of coffee with a ton of milk in with a strong current.

There was a little traffic for a Friday but it was the start to Labor Day week end. I can confirm that the ramps are good with docks at the dam and RT40. I will comment there where a lot of fishermen in the Mill Run area. And wakeboats still suck.

I may go this afternoon or tomorrow, then again Raystown.

This one of Mikes again.

20200904_133403.jpg

2. Member
    I didn't have that great of a day only caught a couple and nothing like the picture. But it was a lot better on the water than at work.