Help with new to me Triton

Really excited that I just picked up a new to me 2005 TR20X with 225 Merc. IMG_3397.jpg

I am in the process of rigging the boat how I want it and was hoping you might be able to help me out.

1. The boat currently has a manual 6" Pro Hi-Jacker jack plate with 2" Bob's spacer. So a total of 8". I am planning on adding power poles. Would you recommend a hydraulic jack plate and if so, should I go with the 8"?

2. I need to run some wires and wanted to know the best way to do so. I want to run a smart craft gauge at the console. Do you know if this boat has a harness built into the console area that is already run to the motor or if I will need to run a smartcraft harness all the way back to the motor? If I do have to run the the cable all the way to the motor, how do I gain access behind this area to do so?
    FullSizeR (4).jpg

3. I want to link the graph at the console with the one I'm going to buy for the bow. Do you have any suggestions for making this happen?

Thank you in advance for any help you might provide!

As far as the jackplate I would do a 6 inch hydraulic nice to be able to raise and lower anytime you need to. Running wires in mine have been pretty easy just a few area's along the back need to be fished through not bad using a wire coat hanger. I'm not sure about the smartcraft harness. Not a ton of room in the bilge area for pp pumps that's for sure. I went Talon's just because of room. Good luck and congrats.
    22 Triton TRX20 22 Pro XS 250
    16 Triton 1760sc 16 Merc 75hp

For the smart craft harness you will want to take a pic of the plug and depin it. Youll never get the plug ran.

I use a fish tape run all my wires. As far as gaining access the wood grain panel to the right if the steering wheel unscrews giving you some accsess

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

4. Member
    What type/model sonars are you using?

5. Member
    8" hydraulic.
    Mercmonitor, with the appropriate wiring harness run to the dash from the motor.

6. Member
    Take out wood grain panel out pull the screws for ur throttle Cale . Slide it out to reach inside...

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

7. Member
    Hey everyone,

Thank you for all the tips and suggestions. I have power poles heading my way and I pulled my merc monitor from my old boat and have a lot of work to get done in the bilge area. Should be a fun weekend!

Thanks again,
    Chris