Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rod Locker Lid Latches?

2005 2100, circle shape...anyone replace these and what did you use? All the ones I find are to large.

I’m about to replace the latches on my 92 Intimidator. But I’ve done it before going to a larger diameter latch. I used the anchor style and i like them. I took a 2x6 and cut it down to about 12”. Then i drilled the required hole (2” for mine) into that board. I clamped that board to the lid, lined up the holes, and used the predrilled hole as a guide. Cut right through the carpet and came out super clean. i cut from the top. I’m about to repeat that process on this boat in the next couple days.
    1992 Gambler Intimidator with a 1998 Mariner Magnum EFI 225

I just did my livewells a minute ago. Gonna do the rest when it isn’t so hot. This is all i needed. And a shop vac to clean up all the aluminum shavings.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by VolsFan24; 09-08-2020 at 03:05 PM.

4. Member
    That's a really good idea! Good job!!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VolsFan24 View Post
    I just did my livewells a minute ago. Gonna do the rest when it isn’t so hot. This is all i needed. And a shop vac to clean up all the aluminum shavings.
    Think you could send me your old ones...

Quote Originally Posted by VolsFan24 View Post
    Good way to do it, where did you get the anchor shaped ones and how much.

I finished the other day. I don’t mind sending them to you. I messed one up taking it out (of course). It was supposed to unscrew from under the lid, and i took all the screws out on top and it fell apart. But I have 5 of them in good condition.

c@tch - I bought them on here like 2-3 years ago (I took them off my other boat that got hull blisters and was saving them). I don’t remember how much, but they are Perko brand.

p.s. It still has the 200hp on it from when I bought it a week or so ago. I’m hopefully getting my 225hp and hydraulic jackplate put on this or next weekend!!

I wish Gambler would put better lid latches on their boats.

9. Member
    I wish someone...new owner or old owners...would support folks that bought their product, or at least have a parts department

10. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkDriver View Post
    I wish someone...new owner or old owners...would support folks that bought their product, or at least have a parts department
    No freakin doubt. We still have these boats, want these boats, care about these boats......Can we PLEASE have a parts dept with more than t-shirts and hats someday soon????
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRatMD View Post
    No freakin doubt. We still have these boats, want these boats, care about these boats......Can we PLEASE have a parts dept with more than t-shirts and hats someday soon????
    ��

12. Banned
    2005 2100, circle shape...anyone replace these and what did you use? All the ones I find are to large.
    Heavy duty duct tape... Pete Jannotti resolution!!

13. Member
    Next time I’m at your house I’m taking one off your boat

14. Banned
    Next time I’m at your house I’m taking one off your boat
    Good luck!!! The sand in the key holes have turned into cement. Not to mention you have to get past Jack...the spaz dog!!!! Hey you know why Texas dude carrying the flag has his head ducked down in your pic??? Because he is embarrassed to be seen in a Texas uniform!!!! Fl and A&M tomorrow.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Good luck!!! The sand in the key holes have turned into cement. Not to mention you have to get past Jack...the spaz dog!!!! Hey you know why Texas dude carrying the flag has his head ducked down in your pic??? Because he is embarrassed to be seen in a Texas uniform!!!! Fl and A&M tomorrow.
    Gonna drink all your beer too
    and give Jack an Alabama rig to play with

16. Banned
    Well, I think Florida's defense ran around Sat with their heads down. They need to fire Grantham. That's why I didn't answer my ph when u called. I was blowing a gasket every time A&M converted a 3rd down or hit a big play. Had to double up on my blood pressure pills. By the way...no beer left drank the whole case. And yep.... you know what kind of brewski's. The high dollar kind!!

I was yelling so loud at my TV that Jack took off out the back door with his his head ducked down and hid next to the fence with his tail between his legs. I took my little Gator table that was in front of the garage and kicked it half way across the back yard. Then slammed his big round toy against the giant oak tree. U would have been on the floor gasping for air laughing a lung up. Poor Jack thought the end of the world was at hand. Then listened to yalls OT debacle.

PS Wont be the first time Jack got into an Alabama rig thinking it was a toy. You know that. For yall out there Jack is a Lab / Boxer spaz. ( rescue dog 8 months old when we got him 7 years ago) He is still 100 miles an hour. Great dog. When he was about a year old he grabbed a rig and got all 5 hooks in him. Luckily got them all out. He came racing out the garage yelping like a hornets nest was after him. Then I realized what happed and I said oh shit.
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 10-12-2020 at 03:37 PM.

These fit, bought from a big latch company in Florida. I couldnt get smaller stainless finger lift latches to match so had to use the original black lifts.

18. Member
    Do you remember the place you bought them or the brand?

I got them from Gemlux, they have tons of different models just browse and see what you like. These were on sale but will be gone by now, maybe they have some others on sale?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast