Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Interesting and puzzling

All the folks that responded to the post "What's the difference" have a different opinion. My question of A. going to hell B. not going to hell C. I don't know. Went unanswered
    Y'all think this is a good place to ask questions?
    Last edited by rexico; 09-06-2020 at 02:39 AM.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    All the folks that responded to the post "What's the difference" have a different opinion. My question of A. going to hell B. not going to hell C. I don't know. Went unanswered
    I answered your question. Here ..........................

You have theological/exegetical choices to make in order to answer the question you have posed to me. Here are the availble choices within christiandom , I am sure I have left others out.

1. They go to hell upon physical death
    2. They are annihilated upon physical death
    3. They believe and are saved and go to be with God upon physical death
    4 They go to pergatory for purification before going to be with God upon physical death
    5. Universalism, everyone goes to heaven because of Jesus atonement for the sins of the world.

As you read and interpret the scriptures for yourself the 5 options I have listed are your basic options other than UNBELIEF agnostic or atheism or another religion altogether.
    Last edited by godsdozer; 09-06-2020 at 03:22 AM.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    I answered your question. Here ..........................

You have theological/exegetical choices to make in order to answer the question you have posed to me. Here are the availble choices within christiandom , I am sure I have left others out.

1. They go to hell upon physical death
    2. They are annihilated upon physical death
    3. They believe and are saved and go to be with God upon physical death
    4 They go to pergatory for purification before going to be with God upon physical death
    5. Universalism, everyone goes to heaven because of Jesus atonement for the sins of the world.

As you read and interpret the scriptures for yourself the 5 options I have listed are your basic options other than UNBELIEF agnostic or atheism or another religion altogether.

Which one of these options do you believe?

4. Member
    What I believe really doesnt matter. The important thing is for us to study and ask God to show us what to believe. One of the respondants to this thread said "its above my pay grade", really ? Why would God leave us documents that are above anyones paygrade ? The Apostles themselves were probably not the brightess crayons in the box but they learned as Jesus taught them and they studied the OT scriptures to verify.

Rexico, I am 56 years old and have read the bible and studied and studied and studied the bible many many many times, my views have changed from the time I was 13 thru my 20s,30s,40s and now my 50s. Do I understand everything I would like to understand ?, absolutely not but I keep going back to the well to get another bucket. Does God promise me I will understand everything before I physically die ? absolutely not.

I love God and want to "know him" because I do not understand why he loves me so much. It is a mystery to me why God would love a person like me and lay his life down on my behalf.

5. Member
    you can read all the books on science ,religion,medical or what ever you want to find out about the modern breakthroughs, and you can listen to all the tv,radio,and social media and learn a lot,but there is only one place to find out what the real truth is. you have to go to gods word seeking the truth then you will know. the bible says that false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive,if possible even the elect. the bible says, and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. there is only one truth that is JESUS THE CHRIST. seek him and you will know the TRUTH. we are living in scary times know we cant believe what the media or even most of our elected politicians are telling us it a good time to turn to gods word for guidance and real truth
    Last edited by BBW; 09-07-2020 at 06:24 AM.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by godsdozer View Post
    What I believe really doesnt matter. The important thing is for us to study and ask God to show us what to believe. One of the respondants to this thread said "its above my pay grade", really ? Why would God leave us documents that are above anyones paygrade ? The Apostles themselves were probably not the brightess crayons in the box but they learned as Jesus taught them and they studied the OT scriptures to verify.

Rexico, I am 56 years old and have read the bible and studied and studied and studied the bible many many many times, my views have changed from the time I was 13 thru my 20s,30s,40s and now my 50s. Do I understand everything I would like to understand ?, absolutely not but I keep going back to the well to get another bucket. Does God promise me I will understand everything before I physically die ? absolutely not.

I love God and want to "know him" because I do not understand why he loves me so much. It is a mystery to me why God would love a person like me and lay his life down on my behalf.
    I am beginning to understand that people, are uncomfortable about making direct statements about their beliefs. We have had over 500 "views" on my questions and only 3 or 4 responses. People are interested, but few respond. It seems to me this would be a good place to converse, with people that are truly knowledgeable about the Bible. An answer to a question with more Bible verses doesn't really help me. How should I proceed with my many questions?
    Last edited by rexico; 09-07-2020 at 11:17 AM.

7. Member
    Rexico, After becoming a full preterist somewhere around 2008 I realized through my studies how this doctrine would effect many other stytematic theologies I had. It can take years going through the scriptures studying the different " systematic theologies" depending on what you believe about each of the "theologies".

1. Theology proper (study of God)
    2. Angelology (study of Angels)
    3. Biblical Theology (study of the bible)
    4. Christology (study of Christ)
    6. Eclessiology (study of the Church)
    7. Eschotology (study of the end times)
    8. Harmartiology (study of sin)
    9. Pneumatology (study of the Holy Spirit)
    10. Soteriology (study of Salavation)
    11. Theological Anthropology (study of the nature of humanity)

Each of these are tied to one another and depending on what you may believe about each effects all the other "Ology's" :)

My main focus of study for the last 15 years has been on the subject of Eschatology (the study of last things). When I realized 1 in every 4 verses contained in the New Testament focuses on Eschatology I thought for me it was an important subject for me to properly understand. I have not delved into all the consequences or changes I would have to make with my other understandings of the 'Ology's" Ill be dead before I could study all of those in detail. Haha

The real problem is when people try to communicate what they believe about one of the theologies and in the next sentence are contridictory about one of the other theologies. See it all the time here on the faith forum.

I think that is why most people only read here but do not comment, they "know " they really do not have the proper understanding to carry on a intelligent conversation without contridicting themselves during the converstation. What is even more sad is most dont care if they do contridict themselves.

8. Banned
    What I am trying to do, is rid myself of unexamined assumptions. Questions are the only way I know of. Lot's of hard questions. These other religions all have their own holy book, they all have their own God. They don't believe in your God for the same reason, you don't believe in theirs. Did God create all these people knowing they were going to hell, because of their geographical location? Looking for the answer.

9. Member
    theology never saved anyone, only the grace that god provided through his son, you dont have to know theology, i really am thankful that i don't have to be more intelligent than others to understand god call upon my life

10. Member
    I really don't think geographical location is what is going to send a lot of people to hell, it's what they have in their heads and hearts that's going to put them there. Just my 2 cents.....
    Last edited by Crappie Bob; 09-07-2020 at 05:02 PM.

11. Banned
    What I am trying to do, is rid myself of unexamined assumptions. Questions are the only way I know of. Lot's of hard questions. These other religions all have their own holy book, they all have their own God. They don't believe in your God for the same reason, you don't believe in theirs. Did God create all these people knowing they were going to hell, because of their geographical location? Looking for the answer.
    1 key difference between Christianity and all the other cults. The cults all require YOU to do something, Christ did it all.

12. Banned
    Are you well studied in these cults you speak of?
    Last edited by rexico; 09-07-2020 at 05:43 PM.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Bob View Post
    I really don't think geographical location is what is going to send a lot of people to hell, it's what they have in their heads and hearts that's going to put them there. Just my 2 cents.....
    What I mean by location is, most likely your religion is determined by your country of birth. Not to many Hindus in Mississippi. So if you were raised in Bagdad, and your mama was a muslin, and your whole family and neighbors were too. would you be a Christian?

14. Banned
    Are you well studied in these cults you speak of?
    None of them will deny my post.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    don't have a clue what that means. Them???

16. Banned
    Don't have a clue what that means. Them??? Please explain.

17. Banned
    Don't have a clue what that means. Them??? Please explain.
    The other faiths

18. Banned
    The other faiths
    Have you studied the other faiths? If so which one are the most knowledgeable in?

19. Member
    Being a good person gets you a good life it doesn't do anything for salvation. Only one religion teaches salvation through Jesus and that is Christianity. Salvation can only be achieved by faith in Jesus.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBW View Post
    theology never saved anyone, only the grace that god provided through his son, you dont have to know theology, i really am thankful that i don't have to be more intelligent than others to understand god call upon my life
    In your two post here in this thread you have given your opinion on several of the theologies.............

I have never said anyone had to be more intelligent than another to understand anything...................I acutally said in my post above that the apostles were not the brightess crayons in the box, they were ordinary men of their day. But they did take the time to learn, seek, desire to know theology, some of the NT books several years later were pinned by them. Paul on the other hand was a very learned man and says so himself in the scriptures. Paul penned a whole mess of books regarding theology.

2 Peter.....He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

I am sure your intentions are good , but your post makes no sense other than to tear down the great men and women who have dedicated their lives to study and teach the word of God.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast