USA 45in Ultrex/Cougar setup issue

45in Ultrex on a Cougar and I've been wanting to fix this ultrex cable issue and finally getting around to it. If I have it one way it has to be manually moved as it gets caught in my graph. This is how I have it now. If I rotate the foot pedal 180 and the cable rests against the TM then it has to be manually moved so it doesn't get wedge and possibly cut when I deploy the TM. How do other have theirs?20200905_114844.jpg
    20200905_114817.jpg

Get rid of the very stiff sheath on the cables and use one of the Velcro enclosure sheaths such as T&H, it will make it more manageable
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    Get rid of the very stiff sheath on the cables and use one of the Velcro enclosure sheaths such as T&H, it will make it more manageable
    this......
    2016 Triton 20TRX
    250 Pro XS, #112 MK Ultrex
    PP Blades, Atlas JP, Ionic Lithiums
    Garmin 126 (2) & 1222 with Panoptix

4. Member
    Even doing what the above suggest, you still have the stiff steering cables that will determine a "set" of the cable orientation. Deploy the trolling motor and remove the plastic cover where the cables go in and you'll see the cable drum with the wires going through the top. Loosen the tension on the steering cables with the tension adjustment in front of the footpedal. There is two screws holding the cable bracket to the steering module. remove the screws and rotate apx 45 degrees to the second set of holes. You will have to retime the footpedal and screw everything down. Now the cables will come off the port side of the steering module instead of the starboard side and loop under the trollingmotor mount when stowed, but it changes the angle of the cables going into the footpedal.
    John

^^
    Can you expand on what's involved with retiming the footpedal?