New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

How has everyone found the bite the last month or so???

Fishing has been tough for me the last month or so ,I've had some good days and some real struggling days .Most of the weeds in the ponds I've been fishing already started to die, not sure what is going on I'm talking nice thick coontail beds already dying off. Water is super low at most spots also I spent 4 hours yesterday on a lake I know pretty good and managed 3 small 12" fish not what I was expecting...
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

Slow but the fish I did catch were decent size.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

3. Moderator
    Slow here also.

July Aug, been fishing mostly cape , Aschumet , Johns and Mashpee, been real slow mostly a few small fish did manage a couple of 4's at Mashpee 1 last week and 1 the week before

2009 ELITE 210

I would say I have been doing well. Bit odd at times, last week was catching LM, in 30ft and had a flurry of back to back on 12 drops, all small fish but not one smallie. Then had a 4lb smallie in 5ft. On a chatterbait. Bladebaited up a mix one night in 30ft. Friday did well on inside weed lines, so if you ask me where they are, all I can say is in the water, because they could shallow or they could be deep. Just got to go fish! But I am not this weekend!

6. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I stayed off the water this weekend also will be taking my grandson wens for his birthday and my wife one day this week her annual time in the boat ...lol she is on vacation from work so will take her out at least once she's not a big fan of how I fish ....always moving she just wants to sit in one spot and use bait..lmao but she'll also read a book while I fish sometimes
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

I think in general this is a slow time of year. when the temps drop a little lower it will pick up again.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

8. Member
    August had them moving off the deep (17'-19' outside) grassline in the places I fish. They also appeared to group up much more, so if I found them, I got multiples. During that time, a heavy dropshot was the most reliable (weird color preferences too - today pumpkin, tomorrow Morning Dawn), but I did get some great reaction bites on a 1 oz underspin and on a 1 oz chatterbait. 20' has been the key depth for the most part, but I'm finding some moving back onto boulders in 10'-15' this last week. I've been throwing the carolina, silver buddy, 3/4 football jig to no avail as well.