New prop for the RT188

I asked the question here a month or so ago about props on a RT188. I had a Lazer II 21p. After hearing the comments I put a Lazer II 20p on and that to me is the right one (it came with solid plugs). I went from 43 to 46 mph at 5600 rpms, The hole shot was already good but now it's great and it handles much better. Thanks for all the advice.

Have a good one and thank God for it!

2. Member
    Glad it worked out for you. I've got the Lazer II 20p on my 188 with the standard merc 4stroke and it does ok but blows out on turns unless trimmed down or throttled down. What hole is your motor mounted on?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yogib View Post
    Glad it worked out for you. I've got the Lazer II 20p on my 188 with the standard merc 4stroke and it does ok but blows out on turns unless trimmed down or throttled down. What hole is your motor mounted on?
    It is mounted 2nd hole down from the top.

Have a good one and thank God for it!

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    My motor is mounted on the 3rd hole from the top, blow out is definitely possible during a sharp turn if I don't trim down a bit. But in a straight line it is a bit faster than if mounted on the 2nd hole so there is definitely a trade off. With the cooler weather this weekend there was an improvement in throttle response.

5. Member
    I've got a 20" Laser and it blows on the turns unless I trim down till the front end bites. Don't have this issue with the X7. At Hole #3, it's on rails and still gives me 45.6.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver