Livescope on a weedy lake

Hey guys, I have a large local lake (Antero Reservoir) that is basically one shallow weed bed. There are weeds covering at least 80% of the bottom and the max depth only goes down to about 18 feet. Any strategies you guys can suggest?

2. Member
    sounds like a good candidate for perspective mode?

3. Member
    i got that. Two livescopes so one is full time perspective. The problem is the screen displays all the weeds and makes it super hard to differentiate fish.

4. Member
    Which color pallette are you using? If you use the blue one you can adjust it to where the fish and weeds are different colors with the different densities.

5. Member
    I was using the red. What you said was interesting about the densities. I get some weeds showing up as brighter than other weeds, which makes it difficult. The only thing I look for is movement but that is very hard to see on the screen if they aren't moving. On the livescope forward view I use the blue. Even the weeds show up as red most of the time. And then you have weeds on the surface that kind looks like fish on the screen.

6. Member
    I fish a lake similar to what you describe. Most days, I dont even turn the livescope on

7. Member
    This will be my first Fall with Livescope. The crappie will be moving to hydrilla edges next month. Will I be able to use livescope fishing these edges?

8. Member
    I find it hard to use when I'm in an extremely weedy situation, say 18ft with weeds all the way to the surface or just below. Difficult to get differentiation between all the weeds and fish.
    2023 Lund 2075 Pro V Bass XS
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 250 4S

Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    This will be my first Fall with Livescope. The crappie will be moving to hydrilla edges next month. Will I be able to use livescope fishing these edges?
    Yes, LiveScope shows the vegetation edges very well.
    Garmin Pro Team