Thread: Ballistic hull

Ballistic hull

Don't cut my head off here but why does the hull on these boats look exactly like a 21 foot bullet?

2. Member
    All high performance hull look a lot the same - Bullet didn't invite the hull either - the pad on a Ballistic is lots more like a Stroker than a Bullet - so in reality, they really aren't that much a like at all..
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

3. Banned
    Big difference in deck size ..bigger storage..walk front deck to back deck and never touch the floor..15” pad ..204 is 21’7 223 is 22ft 3
    Bullet gotta take everything out to change any pump ballistic change all pumps in 15 minutes and nothing comes out.. I have a photo of a xrs beside a .223 and it’s big difference
    I will send it to Fowler so he can post the side x side shot
    Recessed graphs in dash and bow on 204

4. Member
    All bass boat hulls look kinda similar. I can’t say anything bad about Bullets because I’ve never owned one. They’re very sharp boats though and whoever owns them certainly should be proud. But I’ve rode in both and it’s not really close when it comes to fishing but very close when it comes to speed. I’ve been in a .223 at 80mph and it didn’t seem like it was really hard to drive either. And I’ve also seen a few new bullets with gel coat cracks around the transom. They say it isn’t structural and it probably isn’t but I would have a huge issue having a 80K Boat that’s less than a year old with cracks in the gel coat.

5. Member
    Is it just me or is the freeboard really low on a Ballistic compared to other bass boats? Is this an issue in rough water? The boat looks great but it seems to have much less boat above the waterline in pics.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    Is it just me or is the freeboard really low on a Ballistic compared to other bass boats? Is this an issue in rough water? The boat looks great but it seems to have much less boat above the waterline in pics.
    I’m not sure what the comparable measurements to other boats are but you won’t find a better boat for big water.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaBallistic View Post
    I’m not sure what the comparable measurements to other boats are but you won’t find a better boat for big water.
    Thanks - I’m going to try to get a closer look at Lee Livesay’s boat at the Open this week at Rayburn. I only got a glimpse of it in the dark at the last one.

8. Member
    I watched Lee Livesay fish the Classic in Guntersville this past year and that was some narley water on opening day, lol. Lee has his boat airborne a few times.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaBallistic View Post
    I watched Lee Livesay fish the Classic in Guntersville this past year and that was some narley water on opening day, lol. Lee has his boat airborne a few times.
    Well we’ll be seeing Rayburn at its smoothest this time of year, so doubt he’ll be doing much airborne stuff there lol. The older I get, the less I enjoy those rides as a coangler.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    Well we’ll be seeing Rayburn at its smoothest this time of year, so doubt he’ll be doing much airborne stuff there lol. The older I get, the less I enjoy those rides as a coangler.
    Yes sir I agree. I’m perfectly fine with glass water these days, lol.

11. Member
    Also keep in mind that there are not that many of these hulls around so actually finding someone who owns or who has ridden in one is not easy, especially in the Southeast.