JCWbassmaster

Classic XL range

For all you Classic XL owners, what is the range for this boat with a 50hp on it and standard tank? Also what kind of speeds are you seeing?

2. Member
    Obviously "range" is very subjective. How you drive, weather, lake condition's...etc. The factory 6 gal tank is adequate for short to medium runs of 15 to 20 mins at mostly cruise speed of 25-28 mph for a couple of days. I removed the 6 gal and installed a 9 gal tank. It's a little tight but fits. Top speed with tackle and several rods with 1/2 to 3/4 tank of fuel by myself I have hit just over 36 mph on gps. I also run a 14p aluminium Spitfire prop. Overall better performance than the Black Max. Hope this info helps.
    Last edited by SWA12; 09-04-2020 at 11:51 AM.

3. JCWbassmaster
    Thanks SWA12. Is it a pretty stable boat for its size?

4. Member
    By yourself it's fine....if your two up with an adult in back, not so much. It's ok if your partner stays put but they need to give you a heads up if there headed to the edge. The boats hull has a 13 degree dead rise at the bow and 6 at the stern so mild chop is no problem when running. However boat wake and 1-2 footers can be rough. You'll learn fast to slow down and quarter those types of waves.