Sea Dek in cockpit area

I've got a 2019 ZX 250. Been tossing around the idea of tearing out the cockpit carpet and going with a Sea Dek material, or something similar. Anyone done this in a Skeeter? I've seen it in Rangers and Caymus, I believe. The molded step up towards the front deck is the main thing that throws me off. I guess I would Sea Dek the flat part and have exposed fiberglass on the rise...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler82284 View Post
    I've got a 2019 ZX 250. Been tossing around the idea of tearing out the cockpit carpet and going with a Sea Dek material, or something similar. Anyone done this in a Skeeter? I've seen it in Rangers and Caymus, I believe. The molded step up towards the front deck is the main thing that throws me off. I guess I would Sea Dek the flat part and have exposed fiberglass on the rise...
    Could you get SeaDek made to the same pattern as the carpet so it ran up the rise? Might be worth calling SeaDek to see if it would work. My initial thought is what does the glass look like under the carpet. Is there a full gel coat?

3. Member
    Love to have Sea Dek on the cockpit floor. Wish They would come up with that for Skeeters!

4. Member
    I imagine you could get the thinner version of the sea dek, and glue it to conform to the curve on the step up. That’s what I plan to do, when the time comes.
    X

5. Member
    Interested, please keep post alive.

6. Member
    Good thoughts guys. I’m going to continue to research this and will give Sea Dek a call.

7. Member
    Post back if you find out anything. Interested also.

8. Member
    Will do. Going to make some calls this week.