Holiday Weekend Fishing

Anyone getting out over the weekend? I used to try to avoid fishing weekends and used to especially try to find something else to do on holiday weekends. Now that my work demands have changed it’ll be the first fishing opportunity I’ve had in a month and absolutely planning to be on the water.

Anyone got some extra patience to share with me as I deal with the likely heavy boat traffic?

Who else is going out with the crowds this weekend?

I will be out at some point. The two little lakes around me will be alright, without much traffic. Know there is a tournament of 8 boats on one Sat though.

If it was me, I would try and get away from the KC area. Try a small state lake or one of the power plant lakes that don't allow pleasure boating.

3. Member
    No not this weekend unless it's Monday for a short bit. State fair is next weekend so we have a lot to get ready, especially since I will be by myself until Saturday (show day)

4. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Not this weekend. To many people out. Staying home seeding some new areas in lawn.

5. Member
    I have found that you can fish from first light until about 11 without much issue. Then get off lake and watch the madness.

6. Member
    Went to a small public lake with rules in place for no wake. Only 3 other boats at peak and had the lake to ourselves most of the day. Icing on the cake is that we put 30+ in the boat.

7. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TexomaDan View Post
    I have found that you can fish from first light until about 11 without much issue. Then get off lake and watch the madness.
    I have always said the same thing. Around 11 hang overs are over from the night before, or kids are up and about along with the adults who just can’t get up early for whatever reason.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TexomaDan View Post
    Yup

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    Went to a small public lake with rules in place for no wake. Only 3 other boats at peak and had the lake to ourselves most of the day. Icing on the cake is that we put 30+ in the boat.
    Good day !!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    Nice, was out most of the day yesterday. Wind was almost unalterable, but managed to catch a few.