Thread: ipilot on 55#

ipilot on 55#

Am I crazy to put ipilot to get spot lock on my 55# pd. The boat is an alumacraft 165classic cs. I will prob ad another battery in parallel with the one batt to get some extra runtime. I figure if I find a 70lb one I can move the ipilot addon head over.

mark

2. Member
    For most small boats 55 pounds of thrust is plenty especially when you are not having to physically stand on the pedal. I never turn my 80 pound model up over 60%. The big selling point for a 24 volt motor is that if you are in the wind all the time you need a second battery. If you have a second battery you might as well have a 24v motor and get the extra thrust for moving from spot to spot with the TM.

3. Member
    thnx that is a good point but I really didn't want to put out more money for a new motor when this one is virtually new.

4. Member
    I did it on a 1448 mod v Jon. Keep in mind it’s my electric lakes boat. Had a PD V2 I added i-Pilot to like yours a 55lb thrust.
    ran it with two batteries. Did this for years and it did fine in the wind. With that said the boat was a light all welded hull 235 lbs.Now I have a 1648 . Much heavier boat 535 lbs dry no motors no nothing. I had to go to a terrova 80 lb with i-Pilot. As far as the wind thing is concerned better to have a i-Pilot then not. As a side note the 12 volt version of i-Pilot is not interchangeable to a 24 volt model.

5. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    17.5 crestliner, terrova 12v 55lb + 2 group 27 in parallel = no problem 6+hours wind/spot lock...fwiw

6. Member
    thnx alll