Henderson Lake - Inverness

Not looking for fishing advice just a few boating tips. One of my final bucket list lakes in FL I have been meaning to fish. Got a camper this weekend and am taking my nephew fishing this Sat-Monday. I looked up the public ramps but would love a recommendation if there are any fish camps that you have to pay? I want to take my time to show him launching a boat, etc... and would never clog a ramp on a weekend. In addition, any hazards on the lake that stand out? Thank you very much.

Any other recommendations around the area for fun things thanks. Only fishing half days.

2. Banned
    You can take care of most of this at Lake Spivey (Eden Dr. ramp) This also cuts down Your time if You hit Lake Davis (underfished) and East Lake (Biggest fish of the whole Chain)

When You look at Lake Spivey pan out a couple of powers and look for a canal out of the SouthEast This canal leads to both Lake Davis (Hollow frogs; Speedworms on the outside of trees) and East Lake (Speedworms; Spinner baits) if You want to hang around Spivey as You turn the bend, work those pads. Both sides of that canal are also productive IN the treetops

also left of the ramp can get real good if water is up. The canal leading to Lake Henderson (take left) can also be productive w/a frog

3. Member
    Thank you sir.

4. Member
    What an amazing place and glad I went. For certain thinking of buying a house down that area. I ran all the lakes I could, canals, off shoots etc. Some beautiful water down there. Look forward to going back when heat index is not 107.

5. Member
    Thanks for the information on Spivey! Wife and I dropped the kid off at school, then headed out for a little sightseeing and fishing. We put in at Eden Dr ramp, and went to the next lake (unsure of name) after going under Moccasin Slough Rd. Didn't fish that lake at all, but ran to the east end of that lake and fished the canal that runs north/south between Buckley Point Rd and Cygnet Terrace. Only took that until it opened up a little bit. We didn't go as far as where Sandpiper Drive crosses over the canal.

Looks like the canal opens up to two small lakes before East Gobbler Driver crosses. What are those called?

Everywhere we turned, it looked great. Will definitely make the arduous 30 minute drive from the house to fish that again, lol!
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

6. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Look at the lake on Google Maps, it will tell you everything that Lew can’t (which isn’t much). I love that chain; the fishing is great and I wish I spent more time there these days.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1781ccT View Post
    Didn't fish that lake at all, but ran to the east end of that lake and fished the canal that runs north/south between Buckley Point Rd and Cygnet Terrace. Only took that until it opened up a little bit. We didn't go as far as where Sandpiper Drive crosses over the canal.

If You go back to this canal... approach from Lake Davis and stay far back enough to where You can cast to the split. If You see any Arab that is "Gus" He owns the Marathon™ He is down towards Sandpiper and has JetSkis. Right where the house with the Blonde Lady (Mrs. Dixon) that has the pool, right where it forks is great w/a worm, there is 1000s of fish under the far side under that crap; it was full of mud last time over there. Those treetops are also loaded as You hit the lake proper •caution as it gets shallow QUICK

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1781ccT View Post
    Looks like the canal opens up to two small lakes before East Gobbler Driver crosses. What are those called?

Punch up: Lake Davis, Flori-duh.. Get that on Maps and then 'pan out'. The Lake under Mock Slough runs into Davis and then You can get to East Lake (There is a guy that 'casts and leaves' out of that first house, so veer to the right...) The lakes at East Lake (this is the Lakes You see on the left coming into town on 44) this is GREAT fishing.. even that canal is above 'good'..

You should be able to get all the way to Inverness Country Club (look for the water off of the 8th green)

9. Member
    If I type in Lake Davis, Florida, I get a lake in Orlando, FYI
    Bit if I type in Lake Davis Inverness, it shows me S Davis Lake Drive in Orlando near the Inverness Country Club

Something very similar happens if I search for Lake Spivey.

Maybe it’s because I’m using a Mac OS for desktop and have an Apple bananular phone.
    -David Daye

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    If You go back to this canal... approach from Lake Davis and stay far back enough to where You can cast to the split.
    I found a few there, for sure. Fished that whole canal with a spinnerbait, while my wife threw a weightless senko. I picked up a worm as soon as I saw that slack water at the split.

Since I‘ve never previously been back there, I just used the trolling motor. Had to make some room for an airboat though...
    -David Daye