Lake Erie advice on walleye/bass/yellow perch

I'll be in Ohio near Port Clinton/Catawba Island with the family for 2 weeks, starting this Monday. Any advice on catching walleye, bass, or yellow perch would be greatly appreciated. I haven't fished Erie in years. My youngest son (12) wants to catch walleye and perch. He loves visiting bait shops wherever we go as well, so if you can recommend any good ones I'd appreciate it. Thank you in advance for any recommendations or advice!

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

There is a another message board called Ohio Game and Fish and there a a Lake Erie section that has many post about Walleye and Perch fishing from That way all the way East. You have to sign up on the site and it's free to view the Lake Erie section but tons of info.
    Last edited by RANGER487; 09-04-2020 at 10:50 AM.

3. Member
    I'll be there all weekend. I'll post an update. As far as tackle you have the new Fisherman's Central and Hiway bait and tackle.

4. Member
    Thank you for the information guys. I'll be using the ramp on Catawba island.

5. Member
    I don't have any fishing advice. The weather didn't cooperate this weekend. We caught a lot of junk fish near Marblehead lighthouse Saturday so there must be bait in area.
    I do recommend Twin Oast brewery if you're into craft beer. It's kid friendly.

6. Member
    That’s a nice ramp they just remodeled it

7. Member
    Sorry to hear that. I got here last night late. I heard from several people I spoke with the weather was not the best over the holiday weekend. Stopped by Fisherman's Central today and it's huge. We'll hit the water tomorrow, but today was mostly spent with the family. I rented a beautiful VRBO right on the lake, so the view is sweet! I'll post once we fish a bit. Thank you for letting me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    I don't have any fishing advice. The weather didn't cooperate this weekend. We caught a lot of junk fish near Marblehead lighthouse Saturday so there must be bait in area.
    I do recommend Twin Oast brewery if you're into craft beer. It's kid friendly.

8. Member
    PM sent