Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Decided to buy a bunch of tied jigs from a guy in N. La. I found on Facebook. Been killing them on Silver/blue/silver. I may never have to use plastic again.
    Who was it? I need some more hair jigs.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

2. Member
    Personally i use all iuse plastic and hair. Mainly hair. I will say i have a tendacy to use what others are not. Just to give the fish a different view to look at.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Who was it? I need some more hair jigs.
    Darren Lee.

4. Banned
    I’m pretty much new to Crappie fishing, tired of chasing Lmb for now. I had hell catching crappie, finally figured out that they just want the jig to sit there, I had been jigging it up and down. For the life of me, I can’t figure out why they are hitting the color that they are for me, red & chartreuse SK Joker series. I have tried 4-5 other colors and they only seem to want this color, baffles me.

Has anyone ever tried rigging a plastic texas rig style, jig head through the head, twist the hook and then back through the body? I lose a ton of jigs and I started to wonder about a better way???

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I’m pretty much new to Crappie fishing, tired of chasing Lmb for now. I had hell catching crappie, finally figured out that they just want the jig to sit there, I had been jigging it up and down. For the life of me, I can’t figure out why they are hitting the color that they are for me, red & chartreuse SK Joker series. I have tried 4-5 other colors and they only seem to want this color, baffles me.

Has anyone ever tried rigging a plastic texas rig style, jig head through the head, twist the hook and then back through the body? I lose a ton of jigs and I started to wonder about a better way???
    Yes, I rig my jigs weedless like you are talking about. I use jigs without a collar and use pliers to be the hook right below the head. This leaves a small straight area for the head of the plastic to slide on.

6. Member

Don't you have Livescope? I stopped losing jigs after I got that.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrasport80 View Post
    Yes, I rig my jigs weedless like you are talking about. I use jigs without a collar and use pliers to be the hook right below the head. This leaves a small straight area for the head of the plastic to slide on.

Don't you have Livescope? I stopped losing jigs after I got that.
    yes, I have it. How do you not snag them on the branches? It’s like if I even touch a branch, the hook turns to it and often sticks. Could be a difference in brush composition too I guess???

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Caught some brush pile fish on Friday...that was pretty cool as this was my first time doing it plus watching it on LiveScope. I was using a jig head with sickle hook and the Bobby Garland baby shad plastic.

It was pretty cool to see you jig stop at the top of brush pile and see a fish from the bottom come up and slam the jig.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

9. Member

yes, I have it. How do you not snag them on the branches? It’s like if I even touch a branch, the hook turns to it and often sticks. Could be a difference in brush composition too I guess???
    I just make sure to fish over the tops. I never let the jig get into the brush.

10. Banned
    I just make sure to fish over the tops. I never let the jig get into the brush.

ahhhhh, that makes sense. I’m new to crappie fishing and I’ve been dropping down into the trees to get the fish down at the bottom. Rookie mistake I guess.

11. Member
    ahhhhh, that makes sense. I’m new to crappie fishing and I’ve been dropping down into the trees to get the fish down at the bottom. Rookie mistake I guess.
    If I see fish on the bottom beside the tops, i target them aggressively. They tend to bite more than those directly on the tops. No idea what's going on.

Decided to buy a bunch of tied jigs from a guy in N. La. I found on Facebook. Been killing them on Silver/blue/silver. I may never have to use plastic again.
    And who might this be. How about contact info.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzBait53 View Post
    And who might this be. How about contact info.
    Darren Lee. He responds to messages on Facebook Messenger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12