Javelin 1994 337a

I found a really cheap fixer upper but the lower floor is rotten and needs to be replaced. Are the stringers and transom wood in these? Gel coat looks good so I think its lived most of its life covered but I'm not sure why the floor is rotten and worry about more rot in the structure. I can easily fix the floor but don't want something I will end up needing to pull apart and do stringers and transom.

I'm almost positive stringers are wood. If the floor is rotten, good chance they are to. I'd be prepared to pull the top cap and completely redo it.

Javelin did not go composite until 1999.

Dollars to donuts that boat is rotten inside. Unless you want a huge project, tell the seller no thanks.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

I'm not looking for a project that big. I'm gonna pass.