Thread: Glass Boats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Glass Boats

I don’t see much about their fiberglass boats and have yet to see one on the water. I’m not sure they have been warmly received

2. Member

3. Member
    https://vexusboats.com/dream-room/vx/

They’re definitely getting built

4. Banned
    I've seen a few. Think they're one of the uglier glass boats available right now.

5. Member
    They are selling

6. Member
    I can only speak to the VX series...I have one. Ugly? I think not but beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say. Every time I take my VX20 out, fill up, or am on the water, people tell me they love the boat. I've had people idle up to me and ask to look it over. So, they are not warmly received...they are hot. A lot has been said about ride and fishability and excellent in both categories is an understatement.

7. Member
    They are definitely different, but looks wise not for me.

8. Member
    I don't own a Vexus, but have seen 3 at different lakes at the boat ramp and I agree, the boat draws attention including mine! Like someone driving up in a late model Italian sports car.

9. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by larry foster View Post
    I don’t see much about their fiberglass boats and have yet to see one on the water. I’m not sure they have been warmly received
    Actually they have been very well received, Vexus is building these handcrafted fiberglass boats as fast as they can and they are sold out months in advance.
    but Vexus limited non-cookie cutter manufacturing methods of building fiberglass boats means limited production numbers so the market is not being flooded with them..

my best advice is find a local dealer that has a demo boat and go crawl all over it, look at fit and finish. examine the thought process that went into the design, ask for a test ride.

10. ozarkCat
    There selling the problem is they cant make them fast enough. Dealers cant get boats for inventory. The boats they are making are already sold

Seen one a few weeks ago on the water

12. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

13. Member
    That’s hilarious!! Me and my wife seen a AVX1980 in the same paint as my 1980. We both stared and pointed

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by larry foster View Post
    The boat isn't for everyone and that was never the goal, anyway. Ride in one and fish out of one, and you're going to like it. As far as being warmly received, the factory is adding an additional mold, for each of their fiberglass hulls, to meet the demand.

15. Member
    Think everyone is selling out of everything these days, dealers lots around here are empty, no matter the brand.

16. Member
    7CDCBBE6-79AC-4CE2-8703-332A4888BE68.pngB97AF06E-3EA5-44D1-BC58-22513A6B1A3E.png2E5C10CA-D80E-44E0-AE0B-E3046BD64F29.png7ADBDCE7-7297-431E-BBF3-BFAC9A361750.jpeg

I have owned Ranger boats for 22 years but after doing an in depth comparison I went with Vexus. These comparison pics are a few of the reasons why. You be the judge.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 VX 20
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

17. Member
    They are a little different, I'm not saying different is bad either. Just looking at them in the showroom, it appears you are sitting down in a high gunnel deep V boat. I bet it is a dry ride and looking at pictures it appears to sit flat in the water when fishing. The gel-coat finish also appears to my eyes as different, it looks almost like painted metal (it is flawless). They were out of my price range by more than a little but I did look one over closely.
    Last edited by chatabass; 09-04-2020 at 05:58 AM.

I have run Ranger since 1985. Owned 8 of them. Still have two (92 361 V) (14 520 C) as of today. If I was in the market for a new boat today or in the future, Xexus or BassCat would be the only two brands i would consider.

Cliff Bradford
    2014 Ranger Z520C Mercury 250ProXS

I see a few here in Arkansas and they are on my short list when I replace the boat I just sold.

20. Member
    Saw a Vexus glass In the wild for the first time yesterday on Logan Martin. Looked good. Saw some at the classic. They’re a little high dollar for me but seem like great boats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast