Thread: Glass Boats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I crawled all over one at a dealer. They look like a fine rig! More money than I care to spend going fishing, but if you're in the market they would be worth a look.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw18 View Post
    Saw a Vexus glass In the wild for the first time yesterday on Logan Martin. Looked good. Saw some at the classic. They’re a little high dollar for me but seem like great boats.
    I think if you look at comparably equipped boats You will find the Vexus Less expensive than a Ranger. I did just that before I ordered mine. and the Vexus VX20 was $300.00 more than a Z520L. Rangers web site does not price 2nd Graphs, So I just used the Vexus pricing for the options that Ranger did not show.
    Now that the new 2021 options of a Gel coat boat drops the price significantly, plus their package pricing You can get a VX20 with 2 raptors, a 112 Ultrex, a Solix 15, A Solix 12, 3 TM Batteries, and a cover for $76.995.0. A similarly equipped Ranger Z520C is $77,148.00 however it has a lesser (in terms of size) electronics package 12 & 9" Lowrance HDS Lives & 2 power pole blades. It does come with 3 lithium RB80 Batteries.

I think the perception that a Vexus is more expensive than a similarly equipped Ranger may not hold water

3. Member
    I trust you’re right but the Ranger is a little too high dollar for me as well; as I assume is the case for most new top of the line bass boats. That wasn’t meant as a slight. I’d pick the Vexus in your case too.

4. Member
    Not taken as a slight. Been meeting to post about this and your post just made me sit down and do it

They are all overpriced, what isn’t these days except my labor��

5. Member
    I’m sure they will be a great boat I just don’t like the look of them .

6. Member
    Can regular fiberglass repair shops repair the infused fiberglass?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wdubuis View Post
    Not taken as a slight. Been meeting to post about this and your post just made me sit down and do it

They are all overpriced, what isn’t these days except my labor��
    No worries. They're priced at a point where the price people are willing to pay is far enough away from the actual cost of producing the boat as to make it worth it. Boats are expensive nowadays (same as all the other days) but they come with a lot more goodies than days past. If money is no object, Vexus is at least in the top 3. They look like a good company striving to make a good product.

Quote Originally Posted by 2jerrylee View Post
    Can regular fiberglass repair shops repair the infused fiberglass?
    The fiberglass isn’t a problem ..... the “paint” will be more of an issue to fix and match. It’s paint not gel. In most cases you won’t have a way break the paint unlike a vehicle. It can be done but will be difficult to blend especially on darker colors.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

I’m sure the paint has a code like any vehicle. Paint match shouldn’t be an issue. That was one of the reasons they went with paint rather than gel coat. They have since changed this up by offering gel coat now.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

What I’m talking about has nothing to do with paint matching...it’s the blending that can be an issue. There is not many places to break it. Hard to make it look right on a straight panel with no breaks...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    What I’m talking about has nothing to do with paint matching...it’s the blending that can be an issue. There is not many places to break it. Hard to make it look right on a straight panel with no breaks...
    Yep. And once it fades a little after 5 years or so you will have to paint one whole side or you will be able to tell

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Howdy,

Exactly correct on the blending. I had a 1998 F-150 with serious paint issues. It was on the cab area and there was no break where they could stop. Long story short, you could tell where the old paint met the new. The vehicle was eventually lemon lawed for the problem.

I fail to see how these repairs on a 21 foot boat, that is all one piece, could be executed properly and still look like a factory finish.

Take care,

Ruddiger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12