9/2 fishing report.

So today I had the day off from work and hit green valley. I got up at normal time so I was able start fishing about 6:30am. Started with top water by the East tubes, had one blowup but I missed it, that was the last sniff on multiple top water baits. I hit a few brush piles on my way to some rock reef, no luck in the brush. I did get 3 small bass on the rocks with a 1/4oz jig. I ran lots of the bank with the normal chatter bait/ spinner bait, swim jig, 3.3 swim bait ect... I got no bite it was a grind. The water temp was 74 and got to 80.The water color was disgusting! Brown/green nasty looking. After loading up I then hit summit lake for the first time. The water color was that same brown/green crap probably 8” of Visibility. I ran the bank and never got a bite LOL. I knew it was gonna be tough with the sun and high pressure but I had a great day off from work and got home right when the family got back from school so it was a successful day. Planning on getting out one more morning over the 3 day weekend coming up to so that’s good too.
    Good luck to all that try this weekend and I hope you catch them.

2. Banned
    GV has been dog shit for the last 2 years. You had to try to NOT catch 15lbs every time you went there 4 years ago. Now it's a challenge to get 5 keeper bites. In the last 2 years I've fished that lake probably 9 times and only twice have I caught a limit.

Yes there are still big fish in that lake but they are tough tough tough to get to bite.

3. Member
    Lake still has good fish in it just gets a lot of pressure, fished tourney there this past Sunday and top 3 weights were 20.02. 19.72 and 18.76 with big fish going 5.74

4. Member
    I would like to know what the top 3 guys were doing to weigh those limits in. I should go down there when there’s a tournament and just Cruise around and see where are there fishing lol.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by liljakec View Post
    GV has been dog shit for the last 2 years. You had to try to NOT catch 15lbs every time you went there 4 years ago. Now it's a challenge to get 5 keeper bites. In the last 2 years I've fished that lake probably 9 times and only twice have I caught a limit.

Yes there are still big fish in that lake but they are tough tough tough to get to bite.
    Meh, I caught a 25 1/2 pound bag outta there earlier this year and had a 100+ fish day a little later in the year.

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Took 20lbs to win our tourney and i had second with 17lbs. Lake unfortunately will be ruined soon. Back in the day when it was a 21inch limit it was great. Now it gets tourneys sat and sun
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

7. Member
    Interesting. Do you guys feel that the tournaments held on it regularly is really hurting the fishing population or just making them really leery?I think catch and release works good I’m sure there’s always a few fish that die after released from a tournament but I think a lot of them recuperate fast. I’m sure with all the camping there that some of them make it into the frying pan. I do think a 21 inch limit really helps grow the Bass population. Is that place 18 inches right now?

8. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    It 15 inch for tourneys. What gets me is how many had rips lipped off and what was really sad is how many had holes in bottom lips from piercings of cull tags. They need to be banned and go to the ones BASS now mandates that dont leave holes in the fish jaws
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

9. Member
    Oh yes I agree 100% I use TH Marine Non-puncture clips. They work good.