Praying Replace Z19 passenger seat

I have a 2019 Z19 and looking for instructions on removing the passenger seat. Has anyone had the need to replace the passenger seat and can assist me with instructions? I have inquired at the store where I bought my boat and they have no idea. I have scoured the internet for a video or written instructions, no help. Trying to get a response from Bass Pro Shop has been a nightmare. No one seems to be able to give me instruction on how to remove the seat. If anyone knows how to do this, please help. Looks like the bottom cushion should lift up, but I don't want to put excessive force on the cushion and destroy it.

2. Member
    Is the seat on a slide? If so there’s 2 Allen screws if I remember at the front of the seat on the bottom. Take those out and the whole thing slides out exposing the base
    Nitro z21

3. Member
    jasonG, thks for replying. Passenger seat sits on an aluminum base plate, but there are no allen screws in the plate.

4. Member

5. Member
    jasonG, well figured out how to remove the seat. Bottom cushion is attached to the aluminum base plate using four tree fasteners. Takes some force, but lifting straight up on the front of the seat cushion and the tree fasteners will release. After the cushion is free, the base plate has four bolts that secure the entire seat and frame. Hopefully, this will help someone else.

6. Member
    The seat back has two nuts that need to be removed before the seat can be pulled on my Z8. Not sure they still use this practice, but it's worth looking for before you start pulling on the seat once you remove the tree fasteners. I removed the tackle insert tub to get to the threaded bolts on the seat back. Once I got the nuts removed, the seal was easily removed. I did this on my middle seat and not the passenger seat, but they both have the nuts on the Z8.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyCJ View Post
    jasonG, well figured out how to remove the seat. Bottom cushion is attached to the aluminum base plate using four tree fasteners. Takes some force, but lifting straight up on the front of the seat cushion and the tree fasteners will release. After the cushion is free, the base plate has four bolts that secure the entire seat and frame. Hopefully, this will help someone else.
    Thanks for the info Wesley! Curious why you need to replace it?

8. Member
    Pat, great question - especially since my boat is only 1 year old and is kept in my garage out of the elements. Rods that are stored in the passenger rod holder, that have lures attached, have occasionally caught in the passenger seat. To protect the seat from damage, I am going to install a 10"x19"x1/16" black plastic sheet (as a partition) between the passenger seat (arm rest) and the rod pathway. Hence, I needed to remove the passenger seat to install the partition.

The pics below are of a cardboard template of how this will look/work. This will protect the passenger seat from getting hooked by lures, when rods are in the stored position.
    20200909_085625.jpg20200909_085751.jpg20200909_085817.jpg

9. Member
    Interesting idea. As well thought out as many of the features are on these boats, it seems the passenger rod storage was not. Seems like the rod storage was designed before the seat was in place. In particular the tie down strap. I don't even have my boat yet and am designing alternatives in my head. Maybe something with a velcro strap closer to the gunnel. I even thought about trying to move the seat a little bit towards the middle of the boat. I had not thought about the possibility of hooks getting caught in the seat. Thanks for sharing your idea.
    CMSGT, USAF, Retired
    2021 Nitro Z19, Mercury 200 Pro XS 4 Stroke, SN 2B789775

Ultrex 80/45 24v, Helix 8 G3N SI+. Helix 10 G4N DI+, Helix 3GN DI