Carolina Rig Hook?

What hook does everyone like for Carolina Rigs? Brand size style? Thanks

I just match it to whatever bait I'm throwing on it. I'll generally just throw the same thing I would if I were Texas rigging the same bait.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I just match it to whatever bait I'm throwing on it. I'll generally just throw the same thing I would if I were Texas rigging the same bait.
    Yep, THIS^^^.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    I use a 1\0 owner rigging hook. Same hook for all baits i Carolina rig. Keeps it simple. Frys spider grubs and lizards. Never had a problem with hook ups. Jump up to 2\0 for tubes but I don't throw them much any more

5. Banned
    3/0 round bend 95% of the time. Trick worms, flukes and yum dingers. Will change the hook if need for the other 5%.

Gamakatsu EWG, sized to match the plastic doodad of choice.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

7. Member
    I like to use the smallest and lightest hook that I can get away with based on the bait being used. I prefer a round bend hook too.

8. Member
    I've had really good luck using either Owner or Gamakatsu 2/0 offset wide gap hooks (not EWG) with Havoc bottom hoppers and Zoom trick and finesse worms. If I use larger worms or other baits, I increase size of hook so as the gap of the hook is at least 2X as wide as the thickness of the bait. This is a killer way to catch fish down here around home. I also usually use 3/4 oz weight as water is usually 20' deep or less.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Sunrise View Post
    I like to use the smallest and lightest hook that I can get away with based on the bait being used. I prefer a round bend hook too.
    ^this the lighter hook will help the bait stay off bottom when working it

10. Member
    Hayabusa hooks are better IMHO than most EWG on the market

11. Member
    Gammy round bend 2/0 or the 5101 style owner is a great hook also. I move up to a 3/0 if using a bigger worm like a Mag 2

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emccarthy View Post
    ^this the lighter hook will help the bait stay off bottom when working it
    Unless you’re using a very high floating plastic, your lure isn’t going to stay off of the bottom. It’ll pop up off the bottom if you pop your rod, but immediately sinks.

I use whatever hook best fits the lure, just as if I was using a T rig. A 1/0 for finesse worm or centipedes, usually 3/0 for trick worms, 4/0 for craws or 7”-8” worms, 5/0 or bigger for 10”-12” worms.

Leader length? In the past I’ve used everything from 12” to 6’. My standard length I settled on years ago is about 18”-20”.