Early Fall smallmouth water temps

It's been a rough 4 months, fishing and health wise. I need something to pick me up.
    I'll be fishing squam and winnisquam. What water temp range will they begin to start moving more shallow and your 3 favorites bait to catch them that early. PM me if you would like.
    Thanx Bob

2. Banned
    When the water gets a little colder, You only need ONE, (1), Uno, Just one Rod on your deck. If your going for smallies. You need a DROPSHOT rigged up. Use a 1/2 weight ( for 2 reasons ) It's gets down to the fish quickly and it holds your bait much better in the Horizontal postion. Go out by KENT ISLAND in 35-65 feet of water and look for Balls of bait. When you see them, you won't be saying Hmmm what is that? They will be on or very near the bottom. 15-20 feet long and 3 feet deep. And Squam has plenty of smelt now. Drop-Shot straight down thru them. THERE WILL BE SMALLIES. Out in the middle 40-50 feet on the West side of Lincoln Island can also be very good. Just DON'T BE AFRAID to drive around and watch your electronics. Hope this helps Bob. That's what I would do if I was going out to just fish for smallies. Many different baits work well, Nose hook them instead of wacky rig. Putting a little smelly Jelly on them also could help out. 20 Pound Braid tied to 6 pound Florocarbon line tied together with a Double Uni-Knot with a 20 FOOT leader of Florocarbon. Much easier to tie another hook on instead of tying a Double Uni-knot in the wind. I have literally caught 100's of fish this way. If your good with your electronics, if your in 65 feet and you see (1) single fish, drop straight down and stop your bait just above the fish and hang on. When your line goes slack, you know what to do !!
    Good Luck and if I can help out anymore , please just ask. I use Owner 1/0 hooks. You can get most of the line/bait/hooks at Walmart. Use a rod that has a pretty fast tip, leave your drag kinda loose so the fish CAN take line and you can hear it coming off the reel.
    From Now thru Middle of November this is the go to. Middle of November-ish add a Silver Buddy/Blade bait to your arsenal.
    Last edited by Plungerboy; 09-02-2020 at 08:58 PM.

3. Banned
    One more little tip for the spring. Buy a BUNCH of Hellgrammites when you can find them at a Bait store. Buy like 2 dozen!! Put them in a big bowl and CRUSH them down to has much juice as you can. Ya have to take the bodies out if you are going to be fishing any tournaments and just have Liquid. Then put a lot of your Plastic/Rubber baits in there to marinate. This shit really works. Trust me !! Take the container with you in the boat. LMFAO, Just don't spill it in your boat. This shit REALLY STINKS. Trust me on that one too !