2075 Lund Pro-V Bass w/ 250 Mercury Pro XS 4-stroke - props

Boat just came in to dealer and they are currently rigging. Came from Lund with a Tempest Plus 21p prop. Will keep this prop as a backup, but looking for anyone who has tried a four-blade prop on a similar setup. Looking at the Bravo I FS - possibly in the 22 pitch range.

Thanks for any help!

2. Member
    Why do you think the Tempest won't suit you?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelly View Post
    Why do you think the Tempest won't suit you?
    Hey Tim,

It might, but my research has told me I might gain hole shot and ride with the right four blade. I’m a virgin at playing with props, so just looking for some opinions from others who might be in the know.

Thanks

4. Member
    Plenty of these rigs out there so guys should be along with recommendations. Typically if the 3 blade turns the right RPM’s at holeshot “break over” and wide open throttle....when switching to to a four blade you would want to drop one pitch to still hit the proper RPM’s.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

5. Member
    I cant speak for the 2075, but my 1875 w/the 150
    and the factory supplied 19 Tempest is a rocket
    out of the hole. Your luck could be the same. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

6. Banned
    If you can get ahold of TMac on here, that guy is a Lund expert.

7. Member
    I would get a little time in the boat and some break in before taking a ride on the propeller go - round. If I ever got lucky enough to get back in a big boat and motor I would really look at a 5 blade. My tuffy ran great with one.

8. Member
    Lund recommends props for their boats...after actual on water testing. Lund does their prop testing in conjuntion with Mercury Marine.
    I have been the boat driver on numerous Lund prop tests.. Here is a link to Lund recomendations based on prop tests: https://www.lundboats.com/boat-performance-specs/ ..However.. Dealers are free to deliver the boat with any prop they wish.

9. Member
    Deleted message...Accidentally posted above message twice.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mac View Post
    Lund recommends props for their boats...after actual on water testing. Lund does their prop testing in conjuntion with Mercury Marine.
    I have been the boat driver on numerous Lund prop tests.. Here is a link to Lund recomendations based on prop tests: https://www.lundboats.com/boat-performance-specs/ ..However.. Dealers are free to deliver the boat with any prop they wish.
    T-Mac,

Thanks for the link! That is interesting that they recommend a 19P Tempest in that manual, and Lund sent a 21P Tempest Plus with the boat... More confused now! HA!

11. Member
    Sorry for causing you some confusion. I was wonderfing why a 21 pitch was sent, too. So... I just spoke with head CS guy at the plant ...and based on input from dealers who sell quite a few of that package... they are finding, it is most often a 1 or 2 man load (Both model versions) and the 21 will get a little bit more speed. And that engine will still turn good rpms @ 6000 +/- So 21 Tempest is now the recommended prop for normal elevation. You are good, nated.

12. Member
    Sorry for causing you some confusion. I was wonderfing why a 21 pitch was sent, too. So... I just spoke with head CS guy at the plant ...and based on input from dealers who sell quite a few of that package... they are finding, it is most often a 1 or 2 man load (Both model versions) and the 21 will get a little bit more speed. And that engine will still turn good rpms @ 6000 +/- So 21 Tempest is now the recommended prop for normal elevation. You are good, nated.
    Awesome! I also spoke with the head prop guy at Mercury Racing last week, and he said the Bravo 1 FS 22p was probably going to be a really good option for a 4-blade. Wanted me to run the Tempest and get him some speed and rpm numbers to look at.

13. Member
    What are you trying to tweak on the boat? This hull is a plow pretty much. You could spend a fortune on props and see only tiny changes in performance. You’ll maybe see small changes in rpms, but not likely much change in speed. Trying to obtain more bow lift or stern lift is pretty much moot, as the hull doesn’t have a cantilever design, and it’s difficult to see much difference in the different type of props. Let us know what you learn.

14. Banned
    Didn't a few guys put all the batteries in the back and get a few more mph? Seems I remember tmac saying the boat sat nose high with the tm down though.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    What are you trying to tweak on the boat? This hull is a plow pretty much. You could spend a fortune on props and see only tiny changes in performance. You’ll maybe see small changes in rpms, but not likely much change in speed. Trying to obtain more bow lift or stern lift is pretty much moot, as the hull doesn’t have a cantilever design, and it’s difficult to see much difference in the different type of props. Let us know what you learn.
    I wouldn't call it a "plow" LOL. True, it isn't extremely fast..... and wasn't designed to be. It is a deep V . The same tried and proven hull as our walleye tournament Pro-Vs have on them. It was designed for bigger water use (Great Lakes and big windblown reservoirs, etc). It does incorporate a pad and lifting strakes.. for quick planing time and doesn't fall off plane easily at lower throttle settings. It is a very stable platform with a wide foortprint and it yields better fuel economy than a typical deep V. It runs nice.. and is very good at handling in waves . No, it isn't a 70 mph rig ...even on calm water. While it doesn't run 70 mph, the boat has many other great attibutes..

16. Member
    I am ordering 2021 2075 Lund Pro V Bass XS with 250 Mercury Pro XS V8 4 stroke. I believe the battery rigging for the trolling motor will be under the rod storage for the XS model. I am trying to figure out what prop to get also. I am getting a 10” atlas Jack Plate.

The two props recommended to me were the 4 blade 22 Bravo for big water which is supposed to be very responsive but not as fast and 24p 3 blade fury. The person making this recommendation runs the standard Pro V Bass with all the batteries in the back and a 10” Jackplate.

17. Member
    I wouldn't call it a "plow" LOL. True, it isn't extremely fast..... and wasn't designed to be. It is a deep V . The same tried and proven hull as our walleye tournament Pro-Vs have on them. It was designed for bigger water use (Great Lakes and big windblown reservoirs, etc). It does incorporate a pad and lifting strakes.. for quick planing time and doesn't fall off plane easily at lower throttle settings. It is a very stable platform with a wide foortprint and it yields better fuel economy than a typical deep V. It runs nice.. and is very good at handling in waves . No, it isn't a 70 mph rig ...even on calm water. While it doesn't run 70 mph, the boat has many other great attibutes..
    Lol I’ve owned two 2075s. It’s a plow lol.

It’s a great boat and I love fishing out of it. I’d love to get it into the 62-64 range, but it just won’t do it. I’ve spent a lot of time messing with props on both boats, with the conclusions noted above.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydro870 View Post
    I am ordering 2021 2075 Lund Pro V Bass XS with 250 Mercury Pro XS V8 4 stroke. I believe the battery rigging for the trolling motor will be under the rod storage for the XS model. I am trying to figure out what prop to get also. I am getting a 10” atlas Jack Plate.

The two props recommended to me were the 4 blade 22 Bravo for big water which is supposed to be very responsive but not as fast and 24p 3 blade fury. The person making this recommendation runs the standard Pro V Bass with all the batteries in the back and a 10” Jackplate.
    I like the 24 Fury idea on that boat. A few guys with that set up are seeing better speeds than most of us. I would recommend putting the batteries in the rod locker. I think the boat rides and fishes better in rough water with them there. You won’t see much gain in speed moving them to the back. The 10 inch jack plate will offset the weight of the batteries considerably. I’ve run two of them set up both ways.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Didn't a few guys put all the batteries in the back and get a few more mph? Seems I remember tmac saying the boat sat nose high with the tm down though.
    He’s correct. And it rides worse and isn’t noticeably faster. One of the biggest advantages of this hull over most bass boats is the low center of gravity created by having the batteries sit down the centerline deep in the V. It makes a big difference in ride having them there. They act like a keel on a sailboat - when the boat rotates off of a wave left or right, it centers back flat very quickly. Other bass boats are faster, but don’t do that.

20. Member
    I am currently running batteries in the back 10 inch atlas and 24 tempest and I have got 64 mph but consistently run anywhere around 61-62 depending on the day but I’m only turning 5600 rpm tops was thinking about a bravo 1 fs 23.5 pitch anyone else try this or maybe a 23 tempest the rpm is low with the 24 but no whole shot issues at all and performance is better than most guys I have talked to