Panoptix Unit on Cougar

I think I may have seen a thread a while ago on this, but couldn't find it.

Where is everyone mounting the "box" for the panoptix transducer? I am hoping to be able to power the graph and the box from the accessory switch in the front as well if possible. I need to get in there and see if there is enough spots for power up there to be sure. I know there is a lot of blade terminals on the front light switch, i am not sure what those all control (I removed the switch an tapped it off because I kept stepping on it).

My livescope unit will be delivered tomorrow and I am hoping to have my prep work done tonight so I am ready to install tomorrow.

Thank you
    2020 Triton TRX19- Mercury 225 ProXs 4s
    Solix 12 MSI Console, Solix 12MDI Bow
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    Garmin 106sv Livescope Bow
    Ultrex, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    2022 Silverado
    Member of Skoolin' Bass Anglers and Wolf River Bass Club

2. Member
    Might need to post this in the Garmin section. Black box needs dedicated power run to it. #10 awg wire.

3. Member
    I mounted my black box under the driver's console against the rear starboard rod locker. I also have a blue seas fuse box mounted under the dash, so it is a short run to get power from the fuse block to the black box.

I ran 10 gauge wire from a separate battery in the bilge to the fuse block at the dash. I included an on/off switch before the panel so there isn't any parasitic power draw. All three of my graphs plus black box plus usb outlet run from the fuse block. It works well and makes rigging and diagnosing problems easier. I have a 2007 Cougar btw.

The only other thing to add is I had to buy the 20' transducer extension cable for the black box to mount it there and run all the way to the bow.

I mounted mine to a cheap white cutting board, then used an adhesive to mount it to the front wall of the left center storage box on my puma. Then I ran the wires thru the fan vent opening to the bow. I then ran 8AWG wires from the bow to the back using the VLC channel opening at under the trolling motor all the way to the back batteries. I add a Bus bar under the trolling motor for a the electronics to connect too.

When running the wires down the middle, i had to pull the drain cover in the center to pull the wires half way then run a snake from the back to the middle. Took about 20 minutes to run the power wires. This is the same path the TM power wires run.
    2018 BCB Puma FTD
    2018 Pro XS
    26 Fury

mine is an older Cougar but mine is mounted on the back wall of the Starboard rod box its out of the way and i can see it if needed for status light.
    i also ran mine with 10 gauge wire to get more power

6. Member
    I ended up running a new set of 10ga wire from the batteries to the front of the boat. I made the terminations in the starboard side rod locker and mounted the box in there as well. I just tucked the GLS10 box power wire up on the side of the rod locker, coiled the excess up and layed it nicely down in the bottom the locker. The wires go from the box up to the unit/trolling motor up through the open space in the front of the locker. I zip tied everything up nice and it worked just fine for the first few outings. Not my cleanest install, but it worked. I put spinning rods in there with rod socks so I do not anticipate any issues.
    2020 Triton TRX19- Mercury 225 ProXs 4s
    Solix 12 MSI Console, Solix 12MDI Bow
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    Garmin 106sv Livescope Bow
    Ultrex, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    2022 Silverado
    Member of Skoolin' Bass Anglers and Wolf River Bass Club