Power trim issue

Last weekend I hit a bigger than usual wave and my motor shoved my trim cylinder all the way down....and i could hear the trim cylinder working tryng to trim the motor down. I could hit the trim button on the controls and hold it up to stop it but once i let go it would start again...the trim control on the motor wouldn't do anything to it. I taped the trim button up to stop it and headed back to weigh in and about 5 minutes in the trim came up and started working fine. My partner said maybe the cylinder was building pressure? Did I hurt my trim unit? Does anyone have any ideas or had this happen to them? It seems to be working fine now. 2018 115 pro xs.

2. Member
    Sounds like you may have gotten some water in one of the trim switches, this is pretty common in the bow switch after taking on water over the bow.

3. Member
    Kinda makes sense except I've never taken water over the bough...just came down off a roller hard

4. Member
    possible switch or relay problem
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................