Anyone have experience on Foote Pond?

Headed up there in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone has fished up there recently. Looking for pointers on fishing as well as navigating the lake

2. Member
    We were up there a few years ago in September. No problems navigating. One sunken island to avoid and extended points. Maps show them pretty good. Fishing was slow. There was a morning topwater bite. Went to dropshotting around the standing timber. If it calms, you'll be amazed at seeing the timber. Like being on Lake Fork again. First place I've ever saw river otters which was really cool! The dam end seemed the best. Hope this helps.

I haven't fished it in 25+ years... I have fished all of the Au Sable river backwaters. My favorite was Loud Dam.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    Be careful when running the headwaters ca get out of the channel easy . Always had better luck in the headwaters . Fishing was better for me there but have never been there this late in the year . always around the bass opening week.
    2005 COUGAR FTD 225 OPTI