Sticking to Keto

But this sucks. Craving bread or pasta or rice or pizza, dammit. Anyone have any suggestions on alternatives? Been around three weeks now.

2. Member
    Chicken rice and broccoli. Not keto but you’ll shed weight. 3oz broccoli, 6 oz chicken 150 g rice. Top with salsa verde
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

That sounds so good right now. Only got about ten pounds to go.

4. Member
    Get big spoon fulls of peanut butter. It’ll help curb your appetite when craving those carbs

5. Member
    If you’re craving rice try riced cauliflower. I despise regular cauliflower but it’s pretty good in riced form with some asparagus and olive oil on it. Add some chicken and you’re golden. PB is also a good way to curb cravings but do so in moderation. Quest had a somewhat keto friendly pizza but you can only have a couple slices

6. Member
    This is what I use. Rinse it in cold water good and then just suate it a little bit in a pan with a few drops of oil and garlic. The noodle will take on the flavor of the garlic. I even put cheese on it. Works well, no carbs and zero calories. Ive lost over 100 lbs at one point. Its almost time to start again all these chocolate bars are starting to catch up!!!

https://www.nupasta.com/us/

Quote Originally Posted by barrys View Post
    Get big spoon fulls of peanut butter. It’ll help curb your appetite when craving those carbs
    Yep, I keep a big jar of creamy peanut butter....only 6 g of carbs per serving and really helps to knock the hunger off.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

8. Member
    Make up some fat bombs or chia pudding. I get the cravings but the fat will offset them. I have some zero carb noodles in the pantry, I’ll check on them later. They are awesome. Sometimes I’ll make a bowl of Orville and reddinbockers natural popcorn with a lot of butter.
    I like Big Bass, I cannot lie

9. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    I’m doing south beach diet, I did it about 15 years ago , but got away from eating the delicious home cooked meals with a full time job and a dollar store to keep going.
    Anyway , celery with peanut butter on it will curb appetite.
    yogurt surgery free
    mozzarella cheese stick, with sliced turkey wrapped around it, helps also.
    boiled egg
    And just one of above not all.
    whats so great about south beach Diet is after first couple weeks of phase one you go to phase two, then phase 3.
    phase one gets body ready to loose weight, you flip your metabolism.
    when I did it before ,by phase three your not even hungry for junk shit and crap food ,and menu home cooked meals are great.
    after phase three you can eat about anything you want, even potato chips while watching tv. I lost like 50 pounds, and when I hit 202 the weight loss was scary I didn’t think it was gonna stop. I was about 50 then.
    And the deserts are outa this world.
    we did this home cooked not bought.

I would not look for "alternatives" to Pizza and such.

When we did it years ago. I would still eat the bread at a nice restaurant, just not wonder bread at the housed.

If you want the occasional slice at a god pizza place go for it, just don't eat the whole pie on Friday night.

Turn it into a low carb lifestyle and not a diet.

It's ok to have some carbs now and then, just don't eat a bag of chips watching the game. Make your carb count and be enjoyable.

Good Luck!
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

11. Member
    Several yrs back i went from 220 to 170lbs. I cut carbs. Disadvantage was i felt weak ish alot. What i discovered is i feel best at around 185lb. Im 6ft tall on a medium build. These days i eat in moderation and eat wat i want. We eat alot of beans and fish. For me it seems moderation is key!
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor