2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Echo make's a Great Product = Trimmer Blower Saw
    SeaArk ZX200DC Mercury 115 FourStroke

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    Yep. Husqvarna varna varna varna

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    I have a 25 yr old FS-85, that just plain eats! The shindaiwa is a nice trimmer! Good product!
    Me too on the FS-85. Thing is a beast.

6. Member
    Stihl
    "No man stands taller than one who stoops to help a child"

7. Member
    Echo. Also my go to for chainsaws.

8. Member
    League City, TX/Lake Sam Rayburn (Rayburn Country)
    Had to be around 2003, I bought a refurbished Ryobi commeircal powerhead for 69 bucks as I recall off ebay. It was a really a Redmax with Ryobi sticker on it. I want to say it was a 30 CC. It was a beast, I used it until about this time last year. I had all kinds of attachments, mainly used it for trimming branches and with 10 inch clearing saw blade. It finally quit at the lease last year. I drove back into Jasper and bought Craftsman 27 CC, it fit all my attachments. I used it a few times at the lease and let it set up the rest of the year. Got it out last weekend and it would not run.

I have a 19 dollar carb I found on Amazon.com coming tomorrow. I will say this, I was supprised how much snap this Craftsman has or had when it ran. Since then I've learned Husqvarna power head would have fit my attachments.

I should have put that craftsman power head on a string trimmer attachment and used it every now and then and not let it set up. I have an Hitachi thats light as a feather cuts like a house a fire. East Texas will give string trimmers a work out.

Never used Husqvarna but they sell at Lowes and its fits all the attachments I have. May go buy one this weekend, I think the one I need is the 129LD. I think they go for about 229 and come with a weed trimmer attachment. I would buy an Echo, but won't fit my attachments.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    Anyone tried the echo chainsaws? I’m fixing to replace my 17 year old saw and may go with an Echo since their other stuff has been good to me
    I bought an Echo CS-370 with an 18" bar more than 10 years ago for cutting up camp wood, no problems. Good for light duty stuff with a 36cc engine. I had 4 trees cut down this year and had a big pile in the yard to cut up. Bought the Echo CS-590 with a 20" bar and 59.8cc engine. Way better chainsaw for the job than the smaller one.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    Anyone tried the echo chainsaws? I’m fixing to replace my 17 year old saw and may go with an Echo since their other stuff has been good to me
    I still have 2 Echos that were made in the early 70s, a 601 and a 750. For years I burnt wood for heat in the winter and sold wood to make extra money. Used them to help out a local logger on occasion also when he was short of help so they've had plenty of use. The 601 has had the most use and is still my favorite but it is a mans saw. Todays saws of equal power and size weigh in at nearly half what the older saws weigh but seem to be just as dependable even with all the plastic. My son didn't listen and bought a Stihl a couple years ago and has had petty issues with it ever since so I gave him one of my older 452 Echos to use when the Stihl isn't cooperating. My buddy who is a logger uses Echo personally and a couple older Stihls but supplies his workers with Huskys because they are less expensive and therefore more expendable. His guys refuse to take proper care of things.

One of the keys to having a saw last a long time no matter which brand you get is to buy more saw than you really need. Another is proper maintenance. Any way you look at it Echo has a good rep and will not let you down.

11. Banned
    Just to ECHO what the others have said.........echo

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Syko View Post
    ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO ECHO PERIOD!!!!!
    Agree 100%. I've owned an echo string trimmer, stick edger, and blower for the past 10 years and they continue to perform flawlessly.

Stihl FS-56 $199
    Stihl FS- 38 $169 i would get the FS-56 I worked at stihl for 6 years and the fs56 was the most popular.
    Kevin R. Brown
    2020 Bass Cat Cougar
    2020 250 Mercury Pro XS 4-Stroke
    Mega Live & Mega 360
    Ionic Lithum Batteries
    1999 Bass Cat Jaguar
    99 Mercury 250efi

14. Member
    Husqvarna

15. Member
    I had an Echo and it was a great trimmer. When it died, due to availability, I got a Husky. Both are great trimmers, both start by the 2nd pull and will work hard for you.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

16. Member
    All of my yard stuff is Echo, I have pieces back to when they were owned by Kioritz, and the newer stuff. (Yamabiko owns Echo/Shndaiwa).

I have a Husqvarna 435 saw that I picked up as a refurb that runs great though - put in a lot of work this past week with hurricane cleanup - probably cutting stuff that was bigger than I should have been. I'm looking at their 455 or an Echo 590 as a "big" saw upgrade.

17. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Another vote for Echo.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

18. Member
    My BIL and FIL both have Echo trimmers and have had very good luck with them. Their's seem to be a little more fuel efficient than my Stihl.

19. Member
    How much lawn do you have? The reason i ask is if you dot have a big yard have you considered cordless electric? They have come a long way in the last 5 years or so and unless you are going to be running for hours on end they are a viable option. If i were buying today it would most likely be a Dewalt 60volt. I have like an acre and change and maybe use the trimmer for 20 min a week, i could easily do it on one battery. I already own Dewalt 60v tools so it would be an easy addition to my collection. That would fit the bill perfectly. I recently got the 20v hedge trimmer and its awesome. I had an echo gas that i really liked but the little gearbox that drives the blades was made of pot metal and blew apart, the part cost more than i paid for the new Dewalt. The Echo did not perform any better than this Dewalt, it was just louder.

FWIW i have a Husqvarna 128 gas trimmer now. It has been flawless for a decade.
    Last edited by jb882; 09-02-2020 at 09:32 AM.

20. Member
    Also - the Jonsered saws @ tractor supply are made by Husqvarna on the same lines as their saws. If you happen to find a deal.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast