Garmin Panoptics on a Margay

I decided to go a little crazy and I bought 2 93sv's and a panoptics unit.

I'm looking for installation advice. Where should I mount the panoptics box? Is the best place the rod locker? Can I easily get wires from rod locker to the trolling motor plug panel through a rod tip hole?

Should I get a ram mount for the 93sv?

What is recommended for mounting the unit to the dash?

Any other tips/advice appreciated!

Thanks,
    Tom

2. Member
    The cup holder at the bow is right next to where the left-most rod storage “V” comes out. It is very accessible to the TM plug panel.
    If you don’t store much or any tackle in the rod box, there’s plenty of room for the panoptics box in there
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

3. Member
    The box in my Margay is in the starboard locker. I used a large Ram mount then a Precision Sonar Poor man's mount for the Garmin and a Carbon 9. Toggle switch installed under console for the black box power.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    The box in my Margay is in the starboard locker. I used a large Ram mount then a Precision Sonar Poor man's mount for the Garmin and a Carbon 9. Toggle switch installed under console for the black box power.
    Is it easy to get wires through? Did you need to drill a hole?

Thanks
    Tom

5. Member
    The basic install was done by my boat guy, but he didn't understand the panoptics part. I ran that and didn't have any trouble.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    I can't figure out how to get wires in to the starboard locker. Can you explain how you did it for me please?

I also need to figure out how to run power wires all the way up to it also.

Thanks
    Tom

7. Member
    I spent the whole day working on it. I figured out the top outside corner does go through so I got it all installed.